Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
aah waiting waiting and waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
I DON'T think its a good idea of updating the funds to '0', even if you are a CEC eligible, you should show min. funds

Rosalie87

May 9, 2014
Hi all,

I agree, everyone should be cautious at this point.
I had to decline my ITA because I made the mistake to say YES to the job offer although I don't have an LMIA.

After declining I changed it in my profile to NO, and decreased the funds. I had put 12.000 as funds because I thought it's a requirement in both categories which is not true.

I'm now only eligible for CEC, which is what I was hoping for anyway.
I just hope I'll get invited again in the next draw...

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Rosalie87 said:
Hi all,

I had to decline my ITA because I made the mistake to say YES to the job offer although I don't have an LMIA.

After declining I changed it in my profile to NO, and decreased the funds. I had put 12.000 as funds because I thought it's a requirement in both categories which is not true.

Now that you have mentioned "NO", did you mention $12k as funds also ? I do not understand.... If you have 12k why not put it there so that you can be picked in FSW as well....

Rosalie87

May 9, 2014
Because I don't wanna have to prove them if it's not actually necessary. It's not like the funds are just lying around in my bank account, it's a bit more complicated.
I just thought for some reason taht I need the funds in any PR application process, but I'd rather not have to prove/make them available.

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Rosalie87 said:
Because I don't wanna have to prove them if it's not actually necessary. It's not like the funds are just lying around in my bank account, it's a bit more complicated.
I just thought for some reason taht I need the funds in any PR application process, but I'd rather not have to prove/make them available.
Makes sense..... But what if they do not pick any one under CEC who do not have LMIA ? I guess we have to find that out in next couple of draws...

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
aah waiting waiting and waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
They ( CIC) don't have any option other than picking up the CEC people, as this is NOT the end of year so that they (CIC) can play some game like last year. ( Its only March, all LMIA and PNP's done - might be few, but not many)

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rosalie87 said:
Hi all,

You were smart to decline the ITA, it won't negatively affect you in any way. You probably will get invited again in the next draw, and through CEC stream. I asked a friend who is a consultant and she said that whatever number you put there, even if you are applying under CEC, you must back up. So for example, if you put in that field that you have 2000 available, even if POF is not required, you must show that those 2000 dollars you claim are real by showing bank accounts. Every single thing you put in your EE profile MUST be backed up with proof when ITA is received.

Rosalie87

May 9, 2014
Yeah, that's just not realistic, they would never have enough people signed up with LMIAs to reach their quotas.
Plus, I've read a lot about that Yes/No question and FSW ITAs in the past days. Seems like almost everyone made the same mistake. Which means tons of people will be declining their ITAs as well, so they're not even getting all 1600 applications from this draw.

And in the end, there's no point in getting an ITA and applying with questionable documents, just for the sake of applying. If I apply I wanna get it right with a good chance to get PR in the end, no gambling ;)

vinodram

Feb 5, 2015
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a doubt with respect to Proof of Fund field. Actually when we will this field for “Work permit” we are advised to enter our Annual salary as the amount.

Whether this is not same case for Express Entry?

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
I think you guys are mixing two things. How can answer to a question about job offer in Canada be a criteria to fall under fsw. Does not make sense.

To qualify under FSW u should

a) Have 1 year of continuous full time work

b) Get ECA

c) have minimum funds.

Answer me one thing - if you believe that you mistakenly answered 'Yes' to the question which actually means that you have a valid job offer (supported by LMIA) why the system did not allocate you the 600 points? The fact that the system did not give you those 600 points and you had to create a job bank profile itself means that you answered correctly that 'yes' you have a job offer but 'no' it is not supported by LMIA. Why in the first place will there be a second question "Is it supported by LMIA" if the first question itself means to ask you to answer for a valid job offer.

Anyone who has worked in Canada for 1 year continuous full time, has Canadian education or ECA and has shown greater than minimum funds will be eligible for both CEC and FSW. Only if you either show less funds, do not have ECA or your experience in Canada is not continuous 1 year will you not be eligible.

I do not think it is related to that question, otherwise you would have got 600 points.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purohit said:
I think you guys are mixing two things. How can answer to a question about job offer in Canada be a criteria to fall under fsw. Does not make sense.

To qualify under FSW u should

a) Have 1 year of continuous full time work

b) Get ECA

c) have minimum funds.

Answer me one thing - if you believe that you mistakenly answered 'Yes' to the question which actually means that you have a valid job offer (supported by LMIA) why the system did not allocate you the 600 points? The fact that the system did not give you those 600 points and you had to create a job bank profile itself means that you answered correctly that 'yes' you have a job offer but 'no' it is not supported by LMIA. Why in the first place will there be a second question "Is it supported by LMIA" if the first question itself means to ask you to answer for a valid job offer.

Anyone who has worked in Canada for 1 year continuous full time, has Canadian education or ECA and has shown greater than minimum funds will be eligible for both CEC and FSW. Only if you either show less funds, do not have ECA or your experience in Canada is not continuous 1 year will you not be eligible.

I do not think it is related to that question, otherwise you would have got 600 points.
Please check the link which I provided on first page of this thread.

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
I am not convinced by that link. It could mean saying No to the lmia question. Also it does not say that if you say yes you will qualify for FSW. How did you come to that conclusion? This CIC is so confusing with its answers.

Tomorrow they might say you are working in Canada, you had a job offer when you filled the form, why did you not tell us.

EE has thrown more questions than answers. I hope they had come out with a sample form (or step by step instruction)

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
My suggestion to people who want to avoid fsw try:

a) Keeping the answer to 'do u have job' - yes and 'supported by lmia' - No and change funds to less than minimum - my guess u wnt be eligible for fsw

b) Change the answer to 'do u have job' - no and 'supported by lmia' - No and change funds to greater than minimum - my guess u will be eligible for fsw

Based on that you can decide what you want to do. I think because you did both things simultaneously changed answer of job to No and dropped fund to less than minimum you are assuming that both are related to fsw eligibility.

Again I am speculating as much as u guys. No expert here. But we can just try different options.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To reply to point a), I said Yes to job offer, no to LMIA, funds = 0. qualified for both FSW and CEC. Got ITA under FSW. People simply change the job offer to NO, rest of the details the same, got eligibility only for CEC.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
I have a question about the proof of funds.

Can I show my father's bank statements (from back home) along with mine? I've been in Canada since August 2012.