+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATTENTION: Steps for Jobbank job match registration for Express Entry

Arthur GOLDWAY

Feb 23, 2017
[Hello,

I want to withdraw mu EE profile and recreate again. How can I link it to my jobbank please? I do already have an active jobbank account.
Thanx in advance

bhanu888

Oct 15, 2016
In job Bank, go to User Account and chose 'Update Express Entry' information' tab. This will ask for your new express entry profile no. and new job seeker code. Put these in and make sure your job bank is activated.

Dec 1, 2016
I have got a quick question.

- I created an Express Entry Profile and received the job seeker code.
- I registered in the job bank using the job seeker code and received a confirmation.

This was done a day ago, but my application status is still "Pending Additional Criteria". Any idea how long it takes for the status to be updated after the job bank registration(It has already been a day).

Any response would be highly appreciated.

Balkanlii

Jun 6, 2015
Hi, I am trying to register to jobbank for a few days, but I dont receive any confirmation e-mail! I tried hotmail and gmail, none of them worked (checked the spams as well). Any advice?

Reactions: haiderm

Toma1993

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Hello everyone
i have created my EE profile and an email received showing my EE profile number but i did not get my Job bank number.Moreover it is showing minimum requirement Met and i got 336 points but it is also showing additional criteria pending?what is that mean?Does my profile complete?why it is not showing job activation code?

thanx
hello there,
i am the same situation as you. did u finally register with Canada job bank?

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Are you sure? Can i register in job bank if i havent made my profile/account yet?
Hello Sana,

Job bank registrations is no longer a mandatory requirement. Honestly speaking, when I applied for Express Entry, 1st January 2015, rules were a lot different back then. I haven't read the requirements since then but I'm sure they are clearly laid out on the official Expres Entry page.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/

Hope this helps. Best of luck. We are all here to help you any queries you may have :)

anniewebby

Oct 15, 2017
Hi,

I had received my ITA and submitted it too. Now I was trying to register with the Job Bank with the application number and job seeker code as received in the pdf. But I'm getting the following message at Step 3:

Error: You have entered an invalid Express Entry Profile Number and/or Job Seeker Validation Code. To avoid errors, you should copy and paste these codes directly from the message in your MyCIC account. If you are still having problems registering with Job Bank using these codes, please go to CIC Help Centre at http://cic.gc.ca/english/contacts for more information.

Is anyone else facing this issue? Can someone please help?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi,

I had received my ITA and submitted it too. Now I was trying to register with the Job Bank with the application number and job seeker code as received in the pdf. But I'm getting the following message at Step 3:

Error: You have entered an invalid Express Entry Profile Number and/or Job Seeker Validation Code. To avoid errors, you should copy and paste these codes directly from the message in your MyCIC account. If you are still having problems registering with Job Bank using these codes, please go to CIC Help Centre at http://cic.gc.ca/english/contacts for more information.

Is anyone else facing this issue? Can someone please help?
Why are you registering with Job Bank though? It's no longer required for the Express Entry process and it's all but useless - no one ever gets a job from Job Bank. The rumor is that most of the Job Postings in there are just 'dummy' postings to help Companies easily satisfy requirements for procuring LMIA's for already selected candidates...

anniewebby

Oct 15, 2017
Why are you registering with Job Bank though? It's no longer required for the Express Entry process and it's all but useless - no one ever gets a job from Job Bank. The rumor is that most of the Job Postings in there are just 'dummy' postings to help Companies easily satisfy requirements for procuring LMIA's for already selected candidates...
Oops. I genuinely thought that one can get a job from the portal. Which other portals shall I look at for securing a job then?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Oops. I genuinely thought that one can get a job from the portal. Which other portals shall I look at for securing a job then?
Unless you work for an international firm willing to transfer you to their Canadian offices, or you have some stellar personal contacts in Canada with whom you can network to help you find employment, it's almost virtually impossible to find employment in Canada before you get PR and, preferably, move there. Before that point, unless you have an open Canadian work permit, you won't be authorized to work which makes you a much less ideal candidate than people who already have Canadian work authorization, of which there are plenty.

Last edited:
Reactions: anniewebby