+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attention please-Priority Reply needed

lorax

Oct 22, 2013
Hi all

here is my case and your precious help is needed

Husband is PR and applied outland to sponsor his wife. Case is approved and sent to their country VO.
CIC has not contacted the applicant (wife) yet.

a new baby is born, now the question is how to let CIC know abou baby

please answer all following questions one by one:

1. What documents are needed to send ?
2. What forms are need to be updated for baby?
3. Who will upadte and send baby docs and froms : the sponsor(PR holder) or the Applicant(Spous)?
4. Where to send baby's docs/file? local VO or Missisuaga?
5. Do we need to courier or email the file??

please reply all points one by one, detailed and cleary
i am so confused and down due to it.

itslaeq

Nov 26, 2011
Thompson MB
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06 Mar 2015
Doc's Request.
13 Jan 2016
AOR Received.
06 May 2015
File Transfer...
19 May 2015
Med's Request
18 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
28 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
lorax said:
Hi all

here is my case and your precious help is needed

Husband is PR and applied outland to sponsor his wife. Case is approved and sent to their country VO.
CIC has not contacted the applicant (wife) yet.

a new baby is born, now the question is how to let CIC know abou baby

please answer all following questions one by one:

1. What documents are needed to send ?
2. What forms are need to be updated for baby?
3. Who will upadte and send baby docs and froms : the sponsor(PR holder) or the Applicant(Spous)?
4. Where to send baby's docs/file? local VO or Missisuaga?
5. Do we need to courier or email the file??

please reply all points one by one, detailed and cleary
i am so confused and down due to it.
Firstly, husband should ring the call center in Canada and advise them of the new born baby and ask them what is to be done to get the baby included in the application.
Second, send an email, letter, or fax to the visa office where the application is being processed advising them of the new born baby and VO will send you the list of documentation they need for the baby.

Yasmine_GRL

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
Doc's Request.
23-05-2012 (Medical Examination, sent 01-06-2012); 04-04-2013 (updated information/documents)
Nomination.....
28-08-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
16-02-2012 (Ecas)
File Transfer...
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2012; 19-07-2013
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
09-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2013
LANDED..........
12-12-2013
The sponsor or the applicant (doesnt matter) have to contact VO and send baby's birth certificate . Await further instructions (they should invite you to do the baby's medical and request the sponsorship amendment letter, also baby's pics and updated forms like updated IMM008 and Family Information)

Have passport ready for the baby (you will need it for the forms too

Sponsor must pay sponsorship fee (150$) and send to Mississauga a sponsorship amendment request, which means: fee receipt, IMM1344 with the newborn as principal applicant (and write "add-on" on the form), updated IMM008 with the baby as accompanying dependent, IMM5481 if applicable, a letter explaining that you want to amend the sponsorship, file no., your client id etc etc, copy of PR card, copy of marriage certificate, copy of baby's birth certificate. Send by currier to Mississauga and write "add-on" on the envelope. Make sure you use the new forms.

lorax

Oct 22, 2013
yasmine

thanku soo much

one more question that is it as per your experience or it is written somewhere on CIC website?

Yasmine_GRL

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
Doc's Request.
23-05-2012 (Medical Examination, sent 01-06-2012); 04-04-2013 (updated information/documents)
Nomination.....
28-08-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
16-02-2012 (Ecas)
File Transfer...
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2012; 19-07-2013
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
09-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2013
LANDED..........
12-12-2013
I just did it, if you write or call mississauga they will send an email with the instructions for amendment. I can paste it here but it's in french.

By the way, if you apply for quebec you will need to apply for undertaking and csq once you have the sponsorship approval.

lorax

Oct 22, 2013
yasmin
no mine is not qubec

can u plz inbox me i ll trabslate that via google translator

thanks dear :)

dimitremm

Feb 8, 2013
That is what the answer from Immigration was about the same situation:

"
Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Add-on - Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class – Spouse, Common-Law Partner, Conjugal Partner or Dependent Child

A *family member of the principal applicant, even if he was listed as non-accompanying dependant in the initial application, could be added at a later date. However, it is impossible to add a family member to an application if the final decision has been made by the Canadian visa office.

To add a person to the application, you have to download and print the following forms from our Web site and send it to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario:
•a new Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) completed by the sponsor and if applicable, the co-signer;
•a new Generic Application Form for Canada form (IMM 0008) with supporting documents, if you are adding a family member who is inside Canada and the application is still in process at the CPC in Mississauga, Ontario;
•a new Sponsorship Evaluation form (IMM 1283) completed by the sponsor and the co-signer, if adding a co-signer (if applicable);

and
•the add-on request including: ◦ your client identification (ID) number;
◦a letter of explanation;
◦a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship; and
◦ the proof of payment.

You must write ADD-ON on the form and on the envelope. If you want proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.

General Mailing Address

CPC Mississauga

P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

Courier Address

CPC Mississauga

2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

You or your family members must also inform the Canadian visa office about the addition of that person to the application.

*A family member is a spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child
"
Hope it helps! :)

dimitremm

Feb 8, 2013
Do not send any fees to the Canadian embassy. They might ask for such a payment in error. You will lose precious time and money. You should send a fee of $150 for each new dependent ONLY to CIC Mississauga.
Unfortunately I am speaking from experience.

lorax

Oct 22, 2013
dimitremm said:
That is what the answer from Immigration was about the same situation:

"
Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Add-on - Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class – Spouse, Common-Law Partner, Conjugal Partner or Dependent Child

A *family member of the principal applicant, even if he was listed as non-accompanying dependant in the initial application, could be added at a later date. However, it is impossible to add a family member to an application if the final decision has been made by the Canadian visa office.

To add a person to the application, you have to download and print the following forms from our Web site and send it to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario:
•a new Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) completed by the sponsor and if applicable, the co-signer;
•a new Generic Application Form for Canada form (IMM 0008) with supporting documents, if you are adding a family member who is inside Canada and the application is still in process at the CPC in Mississauga, Ontario;
•a new Sponsorship Evaluation form (IMM 1283) completed by the sponsor and the co-signer, if adding a co-signer (if applicable);

and
•the add-on request including: ◦ your client identification (ID) number;
◦a letter of explanation;
◦a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship; and
◦ the proof of payment.

You must write ADD-ON on the form and on the envelope. If you want proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.

General Mailing Address

CPC Mississauga

P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

Courier Address

CPC Mississauga

2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

You or your family members must also inform the Canadian visa office about the addition of that person to the application.

*A family member is a spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child
"
Hope it helps! :)

thanks alot dear but have 2 conusions:
1. •a new Generic Application Form for Canada form (IMM 0008) with supporting documents, if you are adding a family member who is inside Canada and the application is still in process at the CPC in Mississauga, Ontario;

we are baby n mother are outside canada; is above form applicable on them?

2. where to pay fee and how much ?

dimitremm

Feb 8, 2013
1. Yes, it applies to you.
And you should send those to the Embassy processing your app.
•Updated IMM0008 and Family Composition Form to mention your new born child
•Certified copy of the birth certificate accompanied by certified translation
•Copy of child’s passport when available
•4 photos
We are going thru the same situation.

2. You can pay online or request a form from CIC and pay in a bank branch in Canada.

lorax

Oct 22, 2013
okay, in 1344 baby would be the principal applicant right?

baby cant sign so the mommy would sign there and deckare herself as co signer?

Yasmine_GRL

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
28-08-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
16-02-2012 (Ecas)
File Transfer...
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2012; 19-07-2013
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
09-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2013
LANDED..........
12-12-2013
On IMM0008 don't forget to specify the dependency class (as dependent child of principal applicant is class A)

Hahah dimitremm, they asked me too to pay again to the embassy :)) I did it and after 2 days they said "ooops, sorry" :)))

I signed for the baby, I'm principal applicant and the mother.

dimitremm

Feb 8, 2013
Yasmine_GRL said:
On IMM0008 don't forget to specify the dependency class (as dependent child of principal applicant is class A)

Hahah dimitremm, they asked me too to pay again to the embassy :)) I did it and after 2 days they said "ooops, sorry" :)))

I signed for the baby, I'm principal applicant and the mother.
Yasmine, in our case they didn't even say that they were sorry or that they feel bad about all the delay , inconvenience and expense they are putting us through. :)

Yasmine, can you please tell me how many days it took CIC Mississauga to do the amendment of the sponsorship?
And did you send the original birth certificate of the babies to CIC Mississauga or just a scanned copy of the translation(we already sent the original birth certificate to the embassy in Bucharest) ?

Thank you in advance.