21-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
Wavied off
Passport Req..
31-03-2015 (Submitted on 02-4-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015 (Collected Passport on 22-04-2015)
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Hi All,

I have my oath ceremony scheduled on 16-June. I have quick question.
has anyone attended the oath ceremony with baby. I have a 1yr old at home and We have no one to look after our baby when my wife and I sit in the meeting. Will it be ok if we hold him in the meeting.
Thanks

Sharmag

Reactions: Glory. A. O

Glory. A. O

Jan 21, 2021
Hi All,

has anyone attended the oath ceremony with baby. I have a 1yr old at home and We have no one to look after our baby when my wife and I sit in the meeting. Will it be ok if we hold him in the meeting.
Thanks

Sharmag
That shouldn't be a problem, just try to have your child not cry or make too much of a fuss during the ceremony (as a courtesy to the other oath takers and judge).

Reactions: sharmag

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
Hi All,

Thanks

Sharmag
yes, but if you child is making a fuss and you are unable to complete the ceremony, you'll have to reschedule

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1455&top=5
Yes, your child is welcome to come to the ceremony, even if they aren’t becoming a citizen.

Children age 14 and over must go to the citizenship ceremony and take the oath if they’re becoming citizens. Parents will get certificates of citizenship for their children under age 14.

You need to stay in the room for the entire ceremony. If you’re bringing a young child, also bring a guest with you who can take care of your child in case they get restless and need to leave the ceremony room. If you can’t arrange child care, let us know and we’ll reschedule your ceremony date.

sharmag

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
File Transfer...
29-01-2015
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
Wavied off
Passport Req..
31-03-2015 (Submitted on 02-4-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015 (Collected Passport on 22-04-2015)
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
yes, but if you child is making a fuss and you are unable to complete the ceremony, you'll have to reschedule

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1455&top=5
Yes, your child is welcome to come to the ceremony, even if they aren’t becoming a citizen.

Children age 14 and over must go to the citizenship ceremony and take the oath if they’re becoming citizens. Parents will get certificates of citizenship for their children under age 14.

You need to stay in the room for the entire ceremony. If you’re bringing a young child, also bring a guest with you who can take care of your child in case they get restless and need to leave the ceremony room. If you can’t arrange child care, let us know and we’ll reschedule your ceremony date.
Thank you for the response. How does this translate in virtual world. I should not leave the camera the entire time? My expectation was to hold my son (he will be in same room) if required. My wife and I will take turn depending on who is required to talk to officer. But I guess I should find help. It’s because of this Covid lockdown issues (in Ontario) I am not sure what to do.

thanks
Sharmag

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the response. How does this translate in virtual world. I should not leave the camera the entire time? My expectation was to hold my son (he will be in same room) if required. My wife and I will take turn depending on who is required to talk to officer. But I guess I should find help. It’s because of this Covid lockdown issues (in Ontario) I am not sure what to do.

thanks
Sharmag
Should be fine. Would prepare a lot of snacks, get the tablet ready, have him sit on your knee if he's quiet, etc. People realize that due to covid it is hard to find childcare. All you can do is try your best and try to bribe your kid to be quiet and try to get their energy out earlier on in the day

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016

thanks
Sharmag
just do your best to keep your kid quiet... iPad, snack, new toys, stickers, anything ...
PS: I have 2.5 y o and 9 m o so I know how you feel. Maybe find a backup? like a friend who can watch your child for a bit?

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Hi, I would like to know how did your oath go?
I am in same situation and don’t have anyone to take care of my toddler and he will get fussy if we stayed in a room for hours
Also not sure how Am I going to sit in a chair the whole time while I have to play with him n keep him quiet