+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATTEN: FOR THOSE TAKEN MEDICALS IN UNITED KINGDOM

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Dear Friends

Can I make a request to if you done medicals in a the United Kingdom. Please inform:

1) how much you were charged for the medical tests?

2) the medical tests that were conducted?

3) did you have to sign a Consent Form to allow the DMP to access your medical records with your family/local GP?

4) did the DMP forward the medical report to CHC London or your CHC visa office, if your visa office is not London?

Many thanks in advance

claxtonCT

Star Member
Oct 11, 2008
Going to help on this one. Done mine in London not long ago:

1) how much you were charged for the medical tests?
around 250 pounds. xrays inclusive.

2) the medical tests that were conducted?
all normal tests cic requests.

3) did you have to sign a Consent Form to allow the DMP to access your medical records with your family/local GP?
yes

4) did the DMP forward the medical report to CHC London or your CHC visa office, if your visa office is not London?
my application is running from consulate in the USA. I got instructions from USA consulate to forward tests to an office in ottawa. Explained that to medical office but they said they would NOT forward medical results to any place else other than CHC in London. They said CIC London would review it and email the office about the results.

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Dear ClaxtonCT

Very many thanks for your prompt and informative reply. It has been very helpful. I am concerned about the DMP sending the medical result to CHC London as its not my visa office. My visa office is New Delhi India although I am in the UK. Do you think that will be a major problem or will cause unnecessary delays as you are given a limited time period to do the medical? What if CHC London takes a while to inform Delhi of the result and I run out of the time limit given? Any views?

Regards

claxtonCT

Star Member
Oct 11, 2008
Hi

I really dont know what to expect, maybe some delay. Medicals are good for 1 year, so this is not a problem. I dont know about you but in my medical request there was no real deadline mentioned. It just says to complete medicals within 1 month from request to avoid unecessary delays.

London office is very good, they should be able to receive your medicals, do what they need to do with it and inform your own consulate.

When you go for your medicals make sure you ask them to give you some document showing you underwent medicals with them and make sure you send that along with explanation to your own consulate so they are aware. in my case they gave me a receipt with doctors name, address, it says for canadian immigration, so thats like a proof I did medicals.