+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATTEN Che74 and someone can reply too for advise

Caloy

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Hi All,

I'm here again. I've read with you CHE74 (this is for her) that you recived you advised for full doc completion and you said "Encouraged taking ielts" did they asked you to do that? the cic office? Because I'm into completing my full doc now, and have not heard nor advised by them to take. I tick "High english" usage for the question part in the application then to follow it with the next question Yes did no ielts proof, and no to do written explanation. My question is I'm a Filipino and been using englich as medium of language here in Australia for 3 years, having said so were using english in our school wayback in the Philippines. Do you think I need to produce ietls? although I answer in the form that I will prove it on writting. Please anyone advise me soon because I'm into completing my docs and have prepared a written proof in english proficiency. Thanks to all and more power!!!

anyone can please reply for your comment and advise please! Thanks a lot.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Caloy said:
Hi All,

I'm here again. I've read with you CHE74 (this is for her) that you recived you advised for full doc completion and you said "Encouraged taking ielts" did they asked you to do that? the cic office? Because I'm into completing my full doc now, and have not heard nor advised by them to take. I tick "High english" usage for the question part in the application then to follow it with the next question Yes did no ielts proof, and no to do written explanation. My question is I'm a Filipino and been using englich as medium of language here in Australia for 3 years, having said so were using english in our school wayback in the Philippines. Do you think I need to produce ietls? although I answer in the form that I will prove it on writting. Please anyone advise me soon because I'm into completing my docs and have prepared a written proof in english proficiency. Thanks to all and more power!!!

If you're total points is 67 with your "High Rating" in one of Canada's official languages then it would be advisable for you to take IELTS to be sure.

MMC

Jul 4, 2009
Hi Caloy, Don't take chance, it will only delay your application or you will receive refusal for example if you forecast 16 points for english proficiency and visa officer gave you less than what you expect which affected your total points (less than 67). With ielts you can be certain how many points will you get for English proficiency. As Filipino citizen our native language is not English. (although, I agree with you that most of the schools here is using English as medium of instruction). Take Ielts na lang so many schedules are available here in Manila. Don't worry about the form you sent you can make a letter later that you have decided to take ielts when you are at the stage of submission of full application. Hope that helps.
job_seeker said:
Caloy said:
Hi All, I'm here again. I've read with you CHE74 (this is for her) that you recived you advised for full doc completion and you said "Encouraged taking ielts" did they asked you to do that? the cic office? Because I'm into completing my full doc now, and have not heard nor advised by them to take. I tick "High english" usage for the question part in the application then to follow it with the next question Yes did no ielts proof, and no to do written explanation. My question is I'm a Filipino and been using englich as medium of language here in Australia for 3 years, having said so were using english in our school wayback in the Philippines. Do you think I need to produce ietls? although I answer in the form that I will prove it on writting. Please anyone advise me soon because I'm into completing my docs and have prepared a written proof in english proficiency. Thanks to all and more power!!!anyone can please reply for your comment and advise please! Thanks a lot.
If you're total points is 67 with your "High Rating" in one of Canada's official languages then it would be advisable for you to take IELTS to be sure.

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
Caloy said:
Hi All,

Caloy take IELTS ...

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Caloy said:
Hi All,

CALOY,

The guideline says that if your mother tongue is not English, meaning your first language is not English, IELTS is mandatory. Those who are born and raised in an English speaking countries are the once asked to prove English proficiency in writing. Otherwise, English test is needed. And since you stayed in Australia for quite a long time, I think IELTS for you will just be a piece of cake.

che74

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
hello caloy....
yes they (cic manila) did advise me to take ielts....and so I did...

..yes..just like what they have also suggested...take ielts caloy...
..but if you are in doubt...You can always wait for their advice...

rizela

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Take IELTS. Don't take chances. It's easy, I'm sure you'll get maximum points...

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
take the IELTS to be sure. you are taking a risk if you dont.
if the IO sticks to the manual of procedures, then he/she is required to inform you that you need the IELTS, but if the IO is busy, tired. swamped with applications or nearing the quota, he/she may just give you any points he/she thinks is right and reject you outright due to lack of points.