+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

atlantic immigration program

Angela2023

Star Member
Jun 3, 2023
My boss is very aggressive, yelling at me everyday, last week hit me in the face. I read when I receive e copr I become permanent residence, the process is over, the pr card is just to travel, could be lost, I could ask for a new one. Once I received e copr, that can not be revoked. Do you know about that?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
My boss is very aggressive, yelling at me everyday, last week hit me in the face. I read when I receive e copr I become permanent residence, the process is over, the pr card is just to travel, could be lost, I could ask for a new one. Once I received e copr, that can not be revoked. Do you know about that?
Sorry to hear that. You might want to file a report.
Answering your question yes once you become PR you can leave the job.

Angela2023

Star Member
Jun 3, 2023
Sorry to hear that. You might want to file a report.
Answering your question yes once you become PR you can leave the job.
Thank you Taran for your answer, and I become pr when I receive ecopr right?

I got ecopr some days ago but my dependant still waiting for his passport to travel and I read that he will become pr when he enters Canada. Will be a problem if I quit now the job? Or I have to wait until my dependant enters Canada?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Thank you Taran for your answer, and I become pr when I receive ecopr right?

I got ecopr some days ago but my dependant still waiting for his passport to travel and I read that he will become pr when he enters Canada. Will be a problem if I quit now the job? Or I have to wait until my dependant enters Canada?
How did you got PR, I mean is it by PNP, have you got LMIA?

Angela2023

Star Member
Jun 3, 2023
Thank you Taran for your answer, I can wait for my deoendant to enter Canada, but the pr card takes like 2 months. I read online that once you get ecopr, that means your process was finilized, can not be revoked at that time and the pr card is just a travel document, what gives me the status as a permanent residence in Canada is the ecopr. Is it true?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Thank you Taran for your answer, I can wait for my deoendant to enter Canada, but the pr card takes like 2 months. I read online that once you get ecopr, that means your process was finilized, can not be revoked at that time and the pr card is just a travel document, what gives me the status as a permanent residence in Canada is the ecopr. Is it true?
It is yes. But you never know, I read on this forum about a person having COPR being sent back from airport telling them that their status have been put on hold and COPR canceled. That is why I was suggesting but it's totally your call. But I would wait for PR card in my hand before resigning.
For PR card it's not a fixed time some get it in 15 days and some a month or so.

wessam75

Dec 19, 2023
I submitted my application in 15 November but l'm didn't received an AOR till now
I want to know what's the expected day to receive it?

mansooralimir

Oct 17, 2023
Hi,
I need some insight on Atlantic Immigration Program's timeline.

I was hired by a company in Halifax, NS. Below are the timelines of progress by far:

1. Applied for Job/ Job Interview: Jan-2023
2. Received offer letter: Feb-2023
3. Received offer letter endorsement: April-2023
4. Applied under economic program with all supporting documents for PR under AIP: July-2023

I have not received any update as yet. I contacted the employer and they said they are also waiting for an update.

Can anyone provide me any insight on the timelines.
Appreciate if some input can be provided; (6 months since applied and no update yet)

Regards
M.B.