+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Programme (AIPP)

amskm

Jul 16, 2020
I have applied for work permit under AIPP on 4 th February 2020.I got an email from IRCC on June that my file has been transferred to Etobicoke,Ontario for processing.Until now I did not get any information.Anyone had same experience like this? I applied for AIPP PR on 28 th February.When I called IRCC they said my application not yet started to process because of covid crisis.

Jessy__e

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi All. Due to covid situation can I apply for AIPP Work Permit application online or it must be paper-based in VAC centre? I really need to make sure about this. Thanks!
I was in the same situation, but then after many confirmations that no paper-based applications are accepted nowadays, I applied online

Reactions: Shia-brz

Jessy__e

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi All. Due to covid situation can I apply for AIPP Work Permit application online or it must be paper-based in VAC centre? I really need to make sure about this. Thanks!
After sending an enquiry to the IRCC, they told me "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application under the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program is still in process."

In the same email, they said:

If you are eligible to apply for permanent residence under one of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Programs, you may get a one year work permit if your employer needs you to start working urgently.

To be eligible for this work permit, it is important to:

Have a job offer that is full-time and not seasonal from a designated employer in an Atlantic province,
Have a referral letter issued by one of the Atlantic provinces,
Commit to apply for permanent residence within 90 days of submitting your work permit application.
Important facts to keep in mind

Before submitting your work permit application, we recommend that you follow these steps:

· Your employer will need to:

o prepare and submit an offer of employment through the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's Employer Portal,

o pay the employer compliance fee, and

o provide you with the offer of employment number to indicate in your work permit application form.

Please read the Instruction guide of the work permit application, it will assist you in completing and submitting your application.

Very confusing answer

Icke

Jan 29, 2019
Germany
I am thinking that after 2.5 months I should receive an email that they received My application. It is so frustrating. If they were working on this, they would send an email to inform that they had received the application right? :( anyone has an idea how we can follow this up?
Here are a few applicants from Jan to March who don’t have an AOR yet, so this can take a while.

Reactions: Shia-brz

apatelif

Oct 10, 2019
I have applied for work permit under AIPP on 4 th February 2020.I got an email from IRCC on June that my file has been transferred to Etobicoke,Ontario for processing.Until now I did not get any information.Anyone had same experience like this? I applied for AIPP PR on 28 th February.When I called IRCC they said my application not yet started to process because of covid crisis.
strange, i applied for AIPP workpermit( inland ) last week and received biometric letter in 3 days of date of received ( last week), that means they are processing my application ?

Shia-brz

Jul 15, 2020
I was in the same situation, but then after many confirmations that no paper-based applications are accepted nowadays, I applied online
Same here, we also submitted our AIPP PR documents on the first week of June (outside Canada) and we also submitted the work permit which is tied up to the AIPP on March 4 but until now we also don't have any feedback, I guess they are working on it, however, there may be delays.
So hopefully it is normal. Today I called IRCC office and talked to an agent. She said there is no way to follow this up, we only should be patient until they contact us. It is taking much longer than normal. Hopefully Work permits will be processed much faster.

Icke

Jan 29, 2019
Germany
[/QUOTE]
For those who have applied outside Canada; if we get Our work permit through AIPP, can we pass the border and enter Canada?

IRCC says:Some temporary workers are exempt from travel restrictions if they’re coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose.

Are we considered Exemption?
I did so in may.
But they told me before boarding that the wp has to be issued before March 20th and they even called the embassy to make sure I am allowed to board the plane.
After that it got even more restricted.

hello2020

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Before submitting your work permit application, we recommend that you follow these steps:

· Your employer will need to:

o prepare and submit an offer of employment through the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's Employer Portal,

o pay the employer compliance fee, and

o provide you with the offer of employment number to indicate in your work permit application form.
It seems that nowadays wp application under AIPP may also be submitted online?