+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Programme (AIPP)

wardea90

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2019
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
Med's Request
28-01-2019
Med's Done....
30-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hi all! Has anyone noticed on the AIP list of employers some say they only want people to apply who can legslly work in canada? Then why on earth did they register their company for the AIP program???
There's a few reasons; Those specific vacancies they are advertising they might be able to fill locally and don't want to have to deal with thousands of applications coming through from international applications. They might have become designated to to fill one specific role. Or they might only hire foreign nationals who are already in Canada on a WP and then use the AIPP to keep them in Canada. A lot of employers around where I live (NS) are designated by AIPP to keep their foreign workers on, mine is one of them. It's why when making an inland application for endorsement they don't have to show recruitment efforts if they have hired someone already present in Canada on an LMIA-exempt permit. It's as much a strategy to retain staff as it is to hire.

Last edited:

Navkhaira

Feb 28, 2019
Hello Everyone
My application was approved two weeks ago and waiting for PPR. Is anyone have any idea how long it takes for PPR after the approval? I will really appreciate that.

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
Hello Everyone
My application was approved two weeks ago and waiting for PPR. Is anyone have any idea how long it takes for PPR after the approval? I will really appreciate that.
I received my PPR last week after waiting 6 weeks after approval. Very frustrating

Decabrinka

Feb 8, 2019
Hi everybody! Guys, please help.
My husband in Canada on a WP, his WP will expire soon. Noc C.
We are going to apply for AIPP (before expiring date, now just waiting for one document).
and our question is about WP,
after applying for AIPP he has to apply for new WP and ask his employer for new LMIA?
or he can work after applying for AIPP without WP? How it does work?

Processing will take times, how to don't lose his ability to work? and he has to keeps the ability to cross the border U.S. for work.

Last edited:

immihelper

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Hi everybody! Guys, please help.
My husband in Canada on a WP, his WP will expire soon. Noc C.
We are going to apply for AIPP (before expiring date, just waiting for one document).
and our question is about WP,
he has to apply for new WP and ask his employer for new LMIA?
or he can work after applying for AIPP without WP? How it does work?

Processing will take times, how to don't lose his ability to work? and he has to keeps the ability to cross the border U.S. for work.
The sooner you start the process the better it will be for him. I hope you already have endorsement from the province because this can take some time. With the endorsement, he can get a work permit referral letter, which he will then use to apply. His employer will use the portal to apply for an LMIA-exempt number...the fee is $260.

There are so many questions, because if he has a post-grad work permit then this means he has to get the work permit application off before it expires since it cannot be renewed. Please shed some more light...

Reactions: Decabrinka

Decabrinka

Feb 8, 2019
The sooner you start the process the better it will be for him. I hope you already have endorsement from the province because this can take some time. With the endorsement, he can get a work permit referral letter, which he will then use to apply. His employer will use the portal to apply for an LMIA-exempt number...the fee is $260.

There are so many questions, because if he has a post-grad work permit then this means he has to get the work permit application off before it expires since it cannot be renewed. Please shed some more light...
Thanks, I didn't know about it, "the employer will use the portal to apply for an LMIA-exempt number".
It sounds good.
so it means, my husband has to get WP without LMIA? (he has a regular closed WP, not a post-grad WP)

Unfortunately, we are waiting from ICAS (I really really hope it will happen in 1 month), and we don't apply yet and don't have the endorsement right now.
We have 3 months before expiring WP, and I started to worry in advance how to get new WP.

wardea90

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2019
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
Med's Request
28-01-2019
Med's Done....
30-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Thanks, I didn't know about it, "the employer will use the portal to apply for an LMIA-exempt number".
It sounds good.
so it means, my husband has to get WP without LMIA? (he has a regular closed WP, not a post-grad WP)

Unfortunately, we are waiting from ICAS (I really really hope it will happen in 1 month), and we don't apply yet and don't have the endorsement right now.
We have 3 months before expiring WP, and I started to worry in advance how to get new WP.
His employer needs to get that endorsement application sent off ASAP, because he will need to apply for the work permit before his current one expires, and endorsements can take a matter of months. Once the endorsement arrives, the employer must go through the employers portal to pay the compliance fee to get an LMIA-exemption number. Once he has that number, he may apply for a new WP. If it's an extension of his previous work permit he might benefit from implied worker status, but don't take my word for it as he will need to confirm that for himself.

Decabrinka

Feb 8, 2019
His employer needs to get that endorsement application sent off ASAP, because he will need to apply for the work permit before his current one expires, and endorsements can take a matter of months. Once the endorsement arrives, the employer must go through the employers portal to pay the compliance fee to get an LMIA-exemption number. Once he has that number, he may apply for a new WP. If it's an extension of his previous work permit he might benefit from implied worker status, but don't take my word for it as he will need to confirm that for himself.
Thanks for this info

Decabrinka

Feb 8, 2019
Hi Guys!
Have someone been to the same case:
We are planning to apply for AIPP, INland.
and while we will be waiting for the endorsement, can we take upfront medical? and then attach it to all our documents in the envelope.

Last edited:

wardea90

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2019
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
Med's Request
28-01-2019
Med's Done....
30-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hi Guys!
Have someone been to the same case:
We are planning to apply for AIPP, INland.
and while we will be waiting for the endorsement, can we take upfront medical? and then attach it to all our documents in the envelope.
Yes you can do it upfront, but you have to let the doctor know that its specifically for AIPP when you book your appointment. Express Entry examinations are slightly different.

Last edited:

wardea90

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2019
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
Med's Request
28-01-2019
Med's Done....
30-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hi there can anyone please let me know what is the processing time for AIPP Work permit application?
Thanks
Submitted: 12/27/2018 AOR: 01/09/2019 Approved: 03/20/2019

wardea90

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2019
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
Med's Request
28-01-2019
Med's Done....
30-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Thanks for your response wardea90.

Is that timeline you provided for PR or work permit? Inland or outland?

Kindly advice.
Thanks
Work permit inland