+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Programme (AIPP)

s.ankit

Apr 13, 2022
Hello,
I have submitted an application to become a permanent resident of Canada under the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program - International Graduate stream on Sunday, 5th December 2021. On 2nd March 2022, I received a query on my email to submit a document (Original copy of birth certificate) with a deadline of 30 days. In the same email, I received the application number and was able to link my application to the CIC account. To submit my document, on the CIC account, I did not get any option to submit it on my profile. Thus, I only had an option to submit it by filling out a web form. I submitted a web form with all details and a document on the same date 2nd March 2022. I received an automated generated reply of that webform on 2nd March 2022. After 15 days, I called IRCC to check if they received my document via webform or not. They informed to that they have not received a web form yet and it is because IRCC is receiving a lot of web forms and it may take time to receive a web form. I was told to wait for it.
Today, on 13th April 2022, I received an update on my account. The update was that a decision has been made on my application and it's cancelled as incomplete. The reason of it was that I do not meet the requirements of Regulation (R) 10 of the IRPA because a copy of the original birth certificate is missing.
A document that was asked to submit with 30 days deadline was submitted on the same day I received an email. However, it did not reach to IRCC Officer because of queues in a lot of web forms.
How should I do now? I’m totally blank after this email. Please help me in taking next steps.
Thank you

Pocketlive

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
please I have a question and I would be glad if someone can clarify this for me. I did a Masters program in Nova Scotia. The duration of the program according to the school is five years but I finished the program in 16 months. My last semester was part time because I had completed all the required courses for my program and I was left with only two courses in my last semester. Do I still qualify under Atlantic graduate stream? Your responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ivan95

Star Member
Dec 22, 2021
please I have a question and I would be glad if someone can clarify this for me. I did a Masters program in Nova Scotia. The duration of the program according to the school is five years but I finished the program in 16 months. My last semester was part time because I had completed all the required courses for my program and I was left with only two courses in my last semester. Do I still qualify under Atlantic graduate stream? Your responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
You should qualify, the Master’s length does not depend on the time you completed it in but the actual stated duration.

Pocketlive

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
You should qualify, the Master’s length does not depend on the time you completed it in but the actual stated duration.
Thanks so much for clarifying this. However, my employer is saying other wise. She said because my last semester was part time then I am not qualified for AIGP route which was quite shocking to me. I had my three years Post graduate work permit with my completion letter, no issues at all. I really do not know what to do next honestly.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks so much for clarifying this. However, my employer is saying other wise. She said because my last semester was part time then I am not qualified for AIGP route which was quite shocking to me. I had my three years Post graduate work permit with my completion letter, no issues at all. I really do not know what to do next honestly.
You will need to confirm with AIPP because your employer is correct. It states that you must be a full-time student throughout your studies. The line:
  • was a full-time student for the entire time you were studying
Immigrate through the Atlantic Immigration Program: Who can apply - Canada.ca

Pocketlive

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
You will need to confirm with AIPP because your employer is correct. It states that you must be a full-time student throughout your studies. The line:
  • was a full-time student for the entire time you were studying
Immigrate through the Atlantic Immigration Program: Who can apply - Canada.ca
Thanks for replying. That was exactly what she said. It’s crazy how this requirement works though. I wasn’t part time by my making, I did because there was no other course left for me to do. I wish I knew more about this requirement when I was in school!

j85doe

Jan 28, 2022
Thanks for replying. That was exactly what she said. It’s crazy how this requirement works though. I wasn’t part time by my making, I did because there was no other course left for me to do. I wish I knew more about this requirement when I was in school!
At the other hand, they have this same requirement for the PGWP, which was not an issue to get:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/eligibility.html

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Talk to an officer in the AIPP program through the province you are living in.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Correct. But these are totally different programs. PGWP is federal and for temporary workers. AIPP requirements are set through the provinces and is a PR program. OP has to ask AIPP if there are exceptions.

Pocketlive

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017

Pocketlive

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Correct. But these are totally different programs. PGWP is federal and for temporary workers. AIPP requirements are set through the provinces and is a PR program. OP has to ask AIPP if there are exceptions.
Well, you are right but at the end of the day the federal are the ones that will issue PR not the province. I will get in touch with one of the officers in AIP for sure! Thanks

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hi ,
From 6th March 2022, AIPP closed and a new program in AIP only and present processing time is 14 months
Your course is 5 years?

Pocketlive

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hi ,
From 6th March 2022, AIPP closed and a new program in AIP only and present processing time is 14 months
Your course is 5 years?
Okay. Yes, the duration of my program as stated by my school is five years but I finished the program within 16 months.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well, you are right but at the end of the day the federal are the ones that will issue PR not the province. I will get in touch with one of the officers in AIP for sure! Thanks
Correct but the Atlantic provinces has set the requirements for PR for the AIPP. The feds will follow AIPP requirements. You need to ask an officer with AIPP.

ivan95

Star Member
Dec 22, 2021
Okay. Yes, the duration of my program as stated by my school is five years but I finished the program within 16 months.
Your employers are no experts, neither is anyone from these forums and should not be passing judgements on your eligibility. Ask your employer to apply for the endorsement, it wont cost them anything. You are required to submit all your documents for the application. The AIP officers will determine your eligibility themselves. Don't think too much about it and apply. Good luck.

Reactions: Pocketlive