+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic immigration November/December 2018 file received CIO Sydney

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
This is the first time I've heard about these in-person COPRs (interviews?)! I don't suppose you guys know what the deal is with this interview? I made an inland application with my spouse as my dependant when we were both in Canada on work permits. They've since expired, I have an application in for a new work permit (currently on implied status) but because my NOC is only C, my partner wasn't eligible to apply for a new work permit. He's having to go back to the UK in the meantime, this won't be an issue will it?
Some get PPR requests and some get an approval letter inviting them to attend either Halifax or Fredericton visa offices to complete the COPR process. If your partner needs to go back to the UK then when they re land in Canada they will complete the process at the airport. So long as you notify IRCC that they have returned back to the uk it won’t be a problem. My WP expires at the end of April, my wife and kids are on visitor visas linked to my WP. How soon before your expiry date did you apply

Reactions: wardea90

Elle-Belle

Feb 6, 2019
This is the first time I've heard about these in-person COPRs (interviews?)! I don't suppose you guys know what the deal is with this interview? I made an inland application with my spouse as my dependant when we were both in Canada on work permits. They've since expired, I have an application in for a new work permit (currently on implied status) but because my NOC is only C, my partner wasn't eligible to apply for a new work permit. He's having to go back to the UK in the meantime, this won't be an issue will it?
Hi,
Could you please tell why didn't apply for OWP for your spouse (even with NOC C you was able to apply if your PR in process) or visitor record for the time you both are waiting for PR? She was needed to stop working for sure, but as you both have implied status and your PR application is in process she was able legally stay in Canada an waiting for PR with you.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you and good luck!
We have almost the same timeline

Elle-Belle

Feb 6, 2019
Temporary work permits for spouses/common-law partners
Your spouse/common law partner can apply for an open work permit if your job is listed as Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B in the 2016 National Occupation Classification (NOC). Your spouse doesn’t qualify for an open work permit if your job is listed as NOC Skill Level C.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/atlantic-work.asp
I know this. But if you have submitted PR application they are issued OWP for spouses with NOC C main applicant. My spouse got it twice. My NOC is C

Elle-Belle

Feb 6, 2019
Oh well. How did your spouse get it twice? Are you sayinh that your PR application has been in process for 2 years? Because that's the only time they will get work permit twice(work permits under AIPP are issued for 1 year validity) under AIPP and will also need new endorsement to that. Your claim does not sound very valid. Lol.
Nothing to lol an no need to say untrue here.
1st PR application was rejected, but while it was in process he got OWP, and when we applied for the 2d time he's got his 2d OWP. And I got 2d Endorsement from NB in Novebmer 2018, 1st was in July 2017
Im just sharing my experience with AIPP. I stuck on my way to PR for more than a year ((

wardea90

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2019
AOR Received.
28-01-2019
Med's Request
28-01-2019
Med's Done....
30-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-04-2019
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hi,
Could you please tell why didn't apply for OWP for your spouse (even with NOC C you was able to apply if your PR in process) or visitor record for the time you both are waiting for PR? She was needed to stop working for sure, but as you both have implied status and your PR application is in process she was able legally stay in Canada an waiting for PR with you.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you and good luck!
We have almost the same timeline
He isn't eligible for OWP as my category is NOC C. Website says

Your spouse/common law partner can apply for an open work permit if your job is listed as Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B in the 2016 National Occupation Classification (NOC). Your spouse doesn’t qualify for an open work permit if your job is listed as NOC Skill Level C.
A few people said we should just apply for it any way, but I've heard having previous applications rejected can be detrimental to future applications/cause them to take longer to process, so we didn't want to run the risk. We just want PR status ASAP so we can get on with our lives instead of living in constant limbo :( When you applied for your OWP, did your spouse fill out the same forms/application package you did, or did they just issue a work permit for him when they issued yours? If they want to issue my spouse one, then great! They can go right ahead, I won't stop 'em! I'd rather he was here with me.

Last edited: