+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atip

free_palestinian

Star Member
May 4, 2016
I read sometime ago that ordering atip notes delays the processing of the application
Is that true
I Would love to order and see the progress of my application
Please advice
Thanks

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
You request a gmcs notes and after 6 weeks get no feedback other than the immediate accusation of receipt.

Is this normal? Is this Afeghanistan? What is it?

• Wow
Reactions: harirajmohan

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You request a gmcs notes and after 6 weeks get no feedback other than the immediate accusation of receipt.

Is this normal? Is this Afeghanistan? What is it?
Yes there are currently delays. There may just be lots of people requesting ATIP at the moment or a number of other reasons. Delays were in place before Afghanistan.

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
But it does clog up the ATIP system if your request is of the 'just out of curiosity' type and otherwise unnecessary.
All queries are legitimate, even those made 'out of curiosity'. If IRCC made the info that people are requesting easier to access there would be no need for such queries in the first place. The only motive of those discouraging such queries would be that it reflects badly on the IRCC, as an increase in such requests results in more complaints to the Information Commissioner of Canada's office which in turn would prompt the latter to start an investigation. This, in fact, has already happened:
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/05/ircc-to-improve-access-to-information-following-information-watchdog-investigation-0518212.html#gs.b6p90v

I encourage anyone wishing to order ATIP notes (for whatever reason, any reason is valid since IRCC is not exactly making it easy for us to so much as obtain info over the phone about the status of our application) to do so as often as they wish.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaBeaver