+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATIP request for physical file (in CD) and get my IELTS results

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
I gave IETLS when I wanted to apply for my PR under CEC, I don't have any record of it and because of that I asked for my PR physical file (Getting it by CD) under ATIP process, do you think that they have a copy of my English test (IELTS) in the CD? and are the copies clear enough to send for my citizenship application?

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
SubZero_2 said:
I gave IETLS when I wanted to apply for my PR under CEC, I don't have any record of it and because of that I asked for my PR physical file (Getting it by CD) under ATIP process, do you think that they have a copy of my English test (IELTS) in the CD? and are the copies clear enough to send for my citizenship application?
Not sure but I believe you can ask the British Council branch to issue you another copy.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SubZero_2 said:
You don't provide Original of IELTS when you apply for PR and even if you do they return it to you when you the day you get your visa. I still have my original and I made a copy of it for my citizenship application. Remember, they may need to see the original on interview day.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Goldline said:
You don't provide Original of IELTS when you apply for PR and even if you do they return it to you when you the day you get your visa. I still have my original and I made a copy of it for my citizenship application. Remember, they may need to see the original on interview day.
1. I suggest you read the checklist for FSW where it states you have to supply the original UNLESS you previously supplied the original with another Immigration. If you did you then can supply a copy.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
..... even if you do they return it to you the day you get your visa.
So anyone who applied for immigrant visa must have his IELTS and all original documents returned to him.

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Thank you for your reply, but I had to provide them with the original copy (FSW rule) and they didn't return it back to me.
Goldline said:

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You won't be able to get a copy of the results older than 2 yrs (from British Council that is). I had the same problem. I had to take CELPIP for my citizenship application. No other way around it. Good luck.

zer0-33

Mar 16, 2015
Hi,

I also lost my Ielts results and was wondering if this worked for you? did you get the results from the ATIP file?

I would really appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

Alberto

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
zer0-33 said:
Hi,

I also lost my Ielts results and was wondering if this worked for you? did you get the results from the ATIP file?

I would really appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

Alberto
Hi Alberto,

They scanned my IELTS results and it was inside the CD they sent me. They will not send you the original IELTS, all the documents are scanned.

Kabumchun

Mar 8, 2015
Yes they have. If you have asked for your physical file, when you receive it you will have a copy of your IELTS exam you have already submitted.

Anyway you can ask from the test center a copy of your test result as well.

zer0-33

Mar 16, 2015
Great! Thanks so much for your replies;

Did you ask specifically for the IELTS result when doing the ATIP request? Or just asked for the electronic file?

I contacted the IELTS centre and they said cannot provide results that are more than 2 years old..

Kabumchun

Mar 8, 2015
Do not worry it is in your physical file for sure if you submitted before.

I received my physical file and it was there!

Good Luck

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would you please let us know what you mean by this? how did you recieve your physical file? sorry if the question sounds dumb

cecapplied
Kabumchun said:
I received my physical file and it was there!

Good Luck

zer0-33

Mar 16, 2015
I'm just worried that if I ask for the physical file it will take too long to come back, If they include the same info in the electronic file I rather ask for electronic...I just need a copy for my citizenship application...

How long did it take for the physical file to reach you?

Thanks!