+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATIP report shows nothing that i dont already know?

Memo1967

Feb 22, 2011
I sent for an ATIP report after i was told by the CIC center that my file is waiting for CJ hearing .
My ATIP litrally shows nothing!
I landed as PR in july 2009
applied for Citisenship in nov 2012, with 1127 days
did the test on dec 2013, passed 20/20
got a RQ on the same day of my test, as my husband lives abroad.
i wonder if i should re-apply or wait to see the judge or hire a lawyer ???? so desperate and confused
My ATIP show nothing of the codes expressed in other postes , or explanations or any?
just details of my arrival, clearance, language , number of days , my asences and so on . All the things I already know
Can anyone shed some light please
Thank you

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Memo1967 said:
I sent for an ATIP report after i was told by the CIC center that my file is waiting for CJ hearing .
My ATIP litrally shows nothing!
I landed as PR in july 2009
applied for Citisenship in nov 2012, with 1127 days
did the test on dec 2013, passed 20/20
got a RQ on the same day of my test, as my husband lives abroad.
i wonder if i should re-apply or wait to see the judge or hire a lawyer ???? so desperate and confused
My ATIP show nothing of the codes expressed in other postes , or explanations or any?
just details of my arrival, clearance, language , number of days , my asences and so on . All the things I already know
Can anyone shed some light please
Thank you

I suggest you have your ATIP report reviewed by an immigration expert for opinion.

There are two components, why a file is normally referred to citizenship judge.

1) Shortage of physical days than minimum required
2) Excessive overseas travel that might trigger CIC concerns applicant's intentions to stay.
3) Road travel to USA, is biggest concern to CIC.

Even though USA customs does not stamp the passport for EXITS, CIC uses this an excuse to find fault by stating you did NOT return to Canada and counts those days as you were still outside.

Here are few things you can check at your end.

1) Obtain your travel histories from both Canada's CBSA and USA's Home Land Security Agency to match with your own records.

2) Match your travel history dates (between your passport and the ATIP Report) - Were there any mistakes in your calculations.

When CIC has some doubts about your physical days presence, they refer to Citizenship Judges.

Once you establish you INDEED have all the required days present in Canada, then hire an expert immigration attorney to go with you
for Citizenship Judge's hearing

Never go alone to Citizenship Judge's Hearing, even if you have good case, they will try to find fault and reject - Go with an attorney.

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't waste your time on attorney! Go to the following link and find similar cases like yours, then take them to federal court...
www.canlii.org

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
TomTony said:
Don't waste your time on attorney! Go to the following link and find similar cases like yours, then take them to federal court...
www.canlii.org
Sorry to differ with your view on this. The reason being the CIC will be represented by trained legal team to defend their point of view.

An ordinary person from non-legal background, however strong may be the case, does not have good chances to win.

Logically, the first step is going to CJ and then Federal Court. What if the Federal Court dismiss the case stating you should have gone to CJ first and then approach Federal Court.

aloksh25

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well first check the AITP report what things you didnt cleared , bcs there is always mentioned in the ATIP report request , expiration date and clearance , in clearance it YES or NO , if there is NO then check which requirement it is for down worry about codes just check what it is for ....then do preparation for it

Dont go to federal court , may be it just minor things go see CJ and take it form there

But i you can share where you couldn't get clearance then we can advice you without knowing its difficult , she your clearance in ATIP report
hope it help

Memo1967

Feb 22, 2011
Hi all How can I parse my ATIP record here
I can't! Any idea ?
I have already contacted the ATIP office for clarification on why was my file awaiting a hearing, and was told to contact CIC office .
I have already contacted our representative for the Libral party in our riding, Ville Marie Montreal and they said they can't help.
I also must have contacted every lawyer in Montreal, Most of them do PR applications and would not utter a word, before I pay an average of $200/session, even if it is just question to see if they can help
Does any one know of a good citizenship attorney in Montreal?
Thank you all

Memo1967

Feb 22, 2011
My ATIP shows:

Case stage: access
case status:eek:n hold
FOSS Clearance expiry date:2016/02/04
RCMP clearance expiry date:2016/12/04
priority: Regular
Basic residence:1246
Physical presence: 1127
Under notes