+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

At which point exactly do i need to to declare my asylum status at the airport ?

Wang007

Oct 7, 2020
Good day , I m a Chinese actually having a Canadian visit visa, and i wish to seek asylum , because I am gay , I've been persecuted and locked up several times, my life was as risk the last time , but i have to pay a huge to escape , my partner went back to Portugal , since i can't speak any other language than English , i was force to remain in an undisclosed area in china , while waiting for the airports to resume flights,
Please i need to know a couple of things
1-where exactly do i declare for asylum ?
2- Should i bring along all the photos of my torture and persecutions ?
3-Do i need to come along with the my legal representative report on how i was defended ?
4-Will it be advisable to destroy my passport before going out of the plane when i arrive at the airport in Canada ?
5- Would i need to come along with money in other to hire a legal representative ?
I will like to know all this few answers as to prepare my journey before mid november .....
I will most honored to get advice and answers from you guys ,
thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good day , I m a Chinese actually having a Canadian visit visa, and i wish to seek asylum , because I am gay , I've been persecuted and locked up several times, my life was as risk the last time , but i have to pay a huge to escape , my partner went back to Portugal , since i can't speak any other language than English , i was force to remain in an undisclosed area in china , while waiting for the airports to resume flights,
Please i need to know a couple of things
1-where exactly do i declare for asylum ?
2- Should i bring along all the photos of my torture and persecutions ?
3-Do i need to come along with the my legal representative report on how i was defended ?
4-Will it be advisable to destroy my passport before going out of the plane when i arrive at the airport in Canada ?
5- Would i need to come along with money in other to hire a legal representative ?
I will like to know all this few answers as to prepare my journey before mid november .....
I will most honored to get advice and answers from you guys ,
thanks
1. You can declare asylum when you speak with the CBSA official as you are entering Canada. You can also claim asylum after you have entered Canada.
2. You should bring evidence with you to Canada but you will not have to submit it right when you claim asylum.
3. Your legal representative cannot be with you if you claim asylum at the airport. You don't need your legal representative at this time, only once you are submitting your full claim and when you appear at the hearing.
4. Very bad idea. This will complicate the process.
5. Yes.

Unless you have immediate family in Canada, you should assume it most likely will not be possible to travel to Canada this year. Canada currently has a travel ban in place for all but essential travel. While the travel ban is in place, you will not be allowed to board a plane and fly to Canada as a visitor. Don't buy a plane ticket until after the travel ban has been lifted. We don't know when this will be. My guess is sometime next year.

Wang007

Oct 7, 2020
Thanks very much for the prompt respond , I applaud your professionalism ,
Please , where do i meet the CBSA , Will this be before the immigration officer stamp my passport with the entry stamp of before ,
I wish to declare before i reach the immigration counter.
Meaning , is it possible to directly declare as soon as the aircraft land, or as soon as i get out of the aircraft ?
Should i take big luggages or just a simple hand cabin luggage?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks very much for the prompt respond , I applaud your professionalism ,
Please , where do i meet the CBSA , Will this be before the immigration officer stamp my passport with the entry stamp of before ,
I wish to declare before i reach the immigration counter.
Meaning , is it possible to directly declare as soon as the aircraft land, or as soon as i get out of the aircraft ?
Should i take big luggages or just a simple hand cabin luggage?
You can't declare as soon as you get off the plane. There is no one there for you to declare this to. You have to wait until you reach immigration at the airport and you appear in front of a CBSA officer.

What luggage you take is up to you.

Wang007

Oct 7, 2020
meaning , i will declare when Im presenting my passport to a CBSA officer at the entry post ?

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
1. You can declare asylum when you speak with the CBSA official as you are entering Canada. You can also claim asylum after you have entered Canada.
2. You should bring evidence with you to Canada but you will not have to submit it right when you claim asylum.
3. Your legal representative cannot be with you if you claim asylum at the airport. You don't need your legal representative at this time, only once you are submitting your full claim and when you appear at the hearing.
4. Very bad idea. This will complicate the process.
5. Yes.

Unless you have immediate family in Canada, you should assume it most likely will not be possible to travel to Canada this year. Canada currently has a travel ban in place for all but essential travel. While the travel ban is in place, you will not be allowed to board a plane and fly to Canada as a visitor. Don't buy a plane ticket until after the travel ban has been lifted. We don't know when this will be. My guess is sometime next year.
If the situation was that bad for the OP I'd assume he won't be sitting around till Canada lifts the travel ban and will go to any safe country at the earliest opportunity.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.