+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

At the Airport

BeeQC

Sep 10, 2014
Hello!

I've read some conflicting information on the forum about forms needed and procedures at the airport and I'd like to make sure I understand what will happen. From what I understood:

1. Go through the normal immigration line with a Declaration Card.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf

2. Tell Officer you are "landing", they will direct you to another counter

3. Officer will ask for COPR (no visa on passport for visa-exempt countries, right?)

4. Officer may ask for proof of funds (no need for sponsored SO, right?)

5. Officer will fill out a request for PR card form? Should you bring it pre-filled? Do you need photos?

6. You're free to go. How long does the process usually take? Can everything be done in an hour and a half?

Is this right? Oh, there's no luggage coming later, is the unaccompanied goods list needed?

Thank you! :D

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
BeeQC said:
Hello!

I've read some conflicting information on the forum about forms needed and procedures at the airport and I'd like to make sure I understand what will happen. From what I understood:

1. Go through the normal immigration line with a Declaration Card.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf

2. Tell Officer you are "landing", they will direct you to another counter

3. Officer will ask for COPR (no visa on passport for visa-exempt countries, right?)

4. Officer may ask for proof of funds (no need for sponsored SO, right?)

5. Officer will fill out a request for PR card form? Should you bring it pre-filled? Do you need photos?

6. You're free to go. How long does the process usually take? Can everything be done in an hour and a half?

Is this right? Oh, there's no luggage coming later, is the unaccompanied goods list needed?

Thank you! :D
Everything is correct except 5. The paper COPR copy with the photograph is used by CIC to generate the PR card. You don't need to do anything. Landing takes about 10 minutes max, once you get to the head of the queue. No need for a B4 for goods to follow if there are none.