+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Assimilation

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm neutral if China ever requires assimilation. There are some visible ethnic minorities, notably the Uyghurs and tibetans, within China and often do you heard about ethnic clashes between the Hans Chinese and the ethnic minorities in some western provinces of China. I lived in Shanghai for about 5 years and crave Uyghurs barbeque meats.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
@ missmymexi well I agree with what you posted in principle, assimilation is actually something that does exist...

@ steaky China probably already has something like this on the books...but like everything in China, having something official is not at all in line with reality...if assimilation were truly possible in China, the population would be 3 billion people...how is assimilation possible in a country that is 99.9% han chinese?

For me the main point is simple: if you immigrate to Canada, don't just live among your own people (from the country you immigrated from)...experience something new and different...get outside your comfort zone...

FS

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
Multiculture is within comfortzone FS. Depends on how much of it you have.

djinna

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
mobeyk said:
Assimilation. Maybe I am the most assimilated multiculti one here. Born to a Iranian dad and German mom, lived in Iran during revolution, 20 years in Germany, now the last 13 years in Canada, married a Chinese woman and I have three citizenship. I eat what does not eat me or crawls. I like each nationality present in Canada for their traditions and am happy the culture in Canada is evolving. Jewish, muslim, christian, all have their own character and we should tolerate it to a certain degree. As long as people do not harm others, who cares about a burka, its a free country and that is why we are living or striving to live in Canada. You know you are canadian when you hear the national anthem and you sing proudly along.

I just wanna say thank you for that comment. I wish the government would leave alone muslim women wearing their hijab or their niqab. they talk about liberty, fraternity and equality and look at what they are doing...
We are all human. Therefore all brother and sisters. We are different but with respect and dignity, we can all live together! :D

Good luck to everyone