+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Assessment of the sponsor and the person being sponsored

acol95

Jan 25, 2020
Hello.

Me and my wife got married in Canada while I was in a close work permit, I received my open work permit already months after applying for PR but right now I'm waiting for the remaining of the proccess and permanent residency to be approved.
I'm worried about how long will it take for us to get the assessment with an Inmigration officer as I was told (this was the last step). So far I have taken medical, police certificate.
I would like to know what is next? And how long do we have to wait for the Inmigration interview for spouse in canada to be emailed to us?

Please I need some help as I'm going through some difficulties with my partner and I'm starting to get desperate about how long it normally takes.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello.

Me and my wife got married in Canada while I was in a close work permit, I received my open work permit already months after applying for PR but right now I'm waiting for the remaining of the proccess and permanent residency to be approved.
I'm worried about how long will it take for us to get the assessment with an Inmigration officer as I was told (this was the last step). So far I have taken medical, police certificate.
I would like to know what is next? And how long do we have to wait for the Inmigration interview for spouse in canada to be emailed to us?

Please I need some help as I'm going through some difficulties with my partner and I'm starting to get desperate about how long it normally takes.
It normally takes approxinately a 12 months end to end.

Your application is likely in the background / security check phase and the relationship evidence in the application is being assessed by an officer. This step can take a number of months to complete.

Normally there is no relationship interview required. However your spouse must attend the landing / PR interview at the very end of the process where PR is granted. You must still be in a genuine relationship with your spouse at the time of this final interview.

Reactions: DiiDii

acol95

Jan 25, 2020
In the website when I link my application it says I dont need biometrics taken(cause I took them 2years ago) and someone who helped me with these forms who has a bit experience in the PR Residency application says I should be getting the notification for the landing pr interview within one month based on the fact that most of the other papers are submitted.

Based on your experience how much of truth could this be or how long more do you think it could take?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In the website when I link my application it says I dont need biometrics taken(cause I took them 2years ago) and someone who helped me with these forms who has a bit experience in the PR Residency application says I should be getting the notification for the landing pr interview within one month based on the fact that most of the other papers are submitted.

Based on your experience how much of truth could this be or how long more do you think it could take?
You should be expecting the process to take around 1 year end to end. The fact you previously did biometrics really won't impact overall processing times too much. Your application still has to go through complete background and security checks which takes time.

acol95

Jan 25, 2020
Thank you for your help in this matter.

I wanted to mention that CIC has contacted me to confirm the reception of the documents (FBI Clearance & Police certificate).
And i know you said the inspection of this documents !takes time!, however i would like to know how long does it usually take? based on your experience or people you know, because there is a possibility that me and my wife separate before that time. but she wants me to let her know an estimate time at least.

thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I wanted to mention that CIC has contacted me to confirm the reception of the documents (FBI Clearance & Police certificate).
And i know you said the inspection of this documents !takes time!, however i would like to know how long does it usually take? based on your experience or people you know, because there is a possibility that me and my wife separate before that time. but she wants me to let her know an estimate time at least.

thanks
If you are separating she shouldn’t continue sponsoring you.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

thanks
If it's an inland sponsorship, both of you will need to go to the landing interview. And there CIC will verify that you both are still in a relationship.
Are you going to lie?
She needs to stop her sponsorhip if you are already consider to separate now. I hope she knows that she will still be reponsible for you for the up coming 3 years even if you two filed a divoce before that.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
I doubt he'll answer lol y'all scared him off. Sir... I'd try my best to make up with your wife at this point. Buy her some flowers and be the wonderful man she married. Have a blessed night

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I doubt he'll answer lol y'all scared him off. Sir... I'd try my best to make up with your wife at this point. Buy her some flowers and be the wonderful man she married. Have a blessed night
Should be telling the truth. If spouses are separating they should not sponsor the other person.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

thanks
As already said, it takes a year end to end So count a year from the time you first submitted your application. Note that your spouse must come with you to the interview that happens at the very end to confirm you as a permanent resident.