+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aspiring Student!!! Need Help!!!

thatsnandu

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I am quite new to this forum and was following this for last few days. As an aspiring student,I would like to put up some queries.

A brief profile of mine:

Completed 10th in 2001 with 63%
Completed 12th in 2003 with 59%
Completed Bsc Hotel Management from a recognized university in 2006 with 59%( Had 1 theory and 1 practical backlog but cleared before course completion)

Worked since November 2006 in Hotels untill Sept 2010(including 2 years abroad)
After Sept 2010, Was working short term jobs in Marketing and other fields but no relevant certificates to show other than appointment letters
My father has a business in home town so i guess i can fill up the above said point saying I was helping him during that period.

Now that I have decided to do some post graduate studies in Canada, I have some doubts regarding the same.

1) Which PG Diploma would better suit me? I know the answer depends on me but being more specific, will I be able to get a Visa if I choose a Business programme or some Human resource programme keeping in mind that I dont have a background in that? Can a strong SOP help in this situation?

2)Some programs say that its 1 year course with 2 semesters and some say that 1 year with 3 semesters. My doubt is that which of these is counted as a full 1 year course so that I get a PGWP of 1 full year?

3)If am applying under SPP I know the minimum criteria is to show 80% of Tuition fees+living expenses+travel expenses. Is it 80% of the total amount or 80% of tution fees and then add the other expenses? I know it wont make much difference but just to clarify.

4)I have study gap of almost 6 years. Will it be fine if I show all my relevant experience certificates and a proof for being in business or it can be an issue?

5)Last but the major concern, am i too late in applying to colleges for MAY intake (If I get a course)? Will i get my procedures done in time?

Hope I will get some guidance from the senior members. Really appreciate the efforts as it provides great help for many people who will have a lot of confusions and questions on a step to future.

Thanks & Regards
Nandu

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

1. You can select PG in hospitality OR business. Avoid HR. SOP is useless (you are free to write anything on a piece of paper but no one at CHC India, is going read/trust it.)
2. That 3rd semester comes when you take courses in summer term.
3. Keep it simple. Only first year tuition + CAD 8,000. It's 80% of total.
4. No issue, if you use logic in filling up a 'student questionnaire form + PIQ + Family information' (part of application). Experience letter/certificate required ONLY under General Non-University category. Better if you submit self ITR/FORM 16 (not required under SPP).
5. If classes start from the 1st week of May 2012, you have time upto 1st week (or at the most mid 2nd week) of April 2012 (India).

thatsnandu

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enfield said:
Hi,

1. You can select PG in hospitality OR business. Avoid HR. SOP is useless (you are free to write anything on a piece of paper but no one at CHC India, is going read/trust it.)
2. That 3rd semester comes when you take courses in summer term.
3. Keep it simple. Only first year tuition + CAD 8,000. It's 80% of total.
4. No issue, if you use logic in filling up a 'student questionnaire form + PIQ + Family information' (part of application). Experience letter/certificate required ONLY under General Non-University category. Better if you submit self ITR/FORM 16 (not required under SPP).
5. If classes start from the 1st week of May 2012, you have time upto 1st week (or at the most mid 2nd week) of April 2012 (India).
Thanks enfield for a quick reply. Sorry for bothering you with a few more questions.

1) So u mean to say that taking up a business programme wont be a STUDY MISMATCH?

2) I would like apply for MAY intake ie, the summer term but even in that there are some courses with 2 semesters and some with 3. So just to clarify will that 2 semester course count up as full 1 year course which will lead to 1 full year PGWP eventually?

3) So do u think even if I apply to colleges now(will be soon giving my IELTS) the process wont get delayed at normal conditions?

Thank you again for ur replies. you have really helped me out here. Really appreciate that.

Regards

Nandu