+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asking Indian university (IGNOU) to send certificates for credential assessment.

canada_bujji

Dec 14, 2012
Hi,

I understand that credential assessment agencies are not yet announced. I'm planning to get the assessment from ICAS assuming they will one of the agency when CIC announces. They have the provision to upgrade current assessment to FSW requirement later

ICAS wants university to send the documents in sealed envelop to them. Do anybody have experience in getting such documents sent by University especially IGNOU to assessment Agencies? I'm in US and I tried to call IGNOU and couldn't get their line and even when I managed to get them on call they are not ready to respond properly. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

papmanindia

Dec 8, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File received - 12-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
Skipped
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
7 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2014
Passport Req..
DM - 24 Feb 2015...PPR 25 Feb 2015...submitted 02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2015
LANDED..........
18 April 2015
canada_bujji said:
Hi,

I understand that credential assessment agencies are not yet announced. I'm planning to get the assessment from ICAS assuming they will one of the agency when CIC announces. They have the provision to upgrade current assessment to FSW requirement later

ICAS wants university to send the documents in sealed envelop to them. Do anybody have experience in getting such documents sent by University especially IGNOU to assessment Agencies? I'm in US and I tried to call IGNOU and couldn't get their line and even when I managed to get them on call they are not ready to respond properly. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Dear Bujji,
You need to visit IGNOU and fulfill the formalities. Though I am not a student of IGNOU, but student of Delhi University HImachal University and Chartered Accountant. I traveled to Shimla to get credentials in sealed enevelop. When You apply they will seal your ranscript in a envelop and hand over to you. You will submit the same the Canadian authority. Without visiting these University, nothing is going to happen.

If you have anyone in India, please ask them to visit IGNOU and note the formalities to be done.

Regards

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
You would need to sign forms and submit to the university. WES (world educational services) is also an agency recognized for credential evaluation in Canada and they have some agreements with Indian Universities, so they do not require you to send transcripts from the university. Instead, they will ask for mark sheet copies and certificate and will evaluate it for you. That is an option if you would like to go for.

Hope this helps.

canada_bujji said:
Hi,

Thanks

akshargajjar

Jan 30, 2008
DONT GO FOR ICAS,
BECAUSE IN ICAS YOU HAVE TO SEND YOUR ORIGNALS MARKSHEET, DEGREE AND OTHER TO ICAS, (AT YOUR OWN RISK) THEY DONT EVALUATE WITHOUT "ORIGNALS"
BECASUSE VERIFIED, TRUECOPY, NOTORISED IS NOT VALID AT ALL.

I HAVE PAID THEIR FEES,BUT STILL WITHOUT REPORT.....

GO FOR WES

canada_scooby

May 24, 2017
WES does not accredit Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education, they do not require originals but photo copies in CAD 286 and 6 months time hopefully I will get my ECA.
Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.
No where in ICAS site its mentioned that I have to send original documents, all they are asking in Clear photocopies, they do not even ask for attested copies.