+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

asking for help.

sahber

Jun 12, 2018
hello
I have a visitor visa for Canada ,expiry date on 3th of August, and I'm going to change my religion here. in fact this is the main reason that I came to this country. Is it possible for me to apply for refugee program inside Canada because if I go back to my country they will prosecute me.
thanks for any help and guidance. I appreciate it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello
I have a visitor visa for Canada ,expiry date on 3th of August, and I'm going to change my religion here. in fact this is the main reason that I came to this country. Is it possible for me to apply for refugee program inside Canada because if I go back to my country they will prosecute me.
This will make for a very weak refugee claim with a high chance of refusal. To make for a strong refugee claim, you should have already changed your religion back in your home country (ideally years ago) and have already faced persecution because of this.

Reactions: canuck78

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
hello
The answer is - yes, you can make a refugee claim based upon changing your religion. You can make the claim while still a visitor. Check on-line for where to go in the area where you are now. Refugee claims are bolstered by evidence and you will want to have documentation related to your conversion - ask whatever religious organization that you're engaged with about what they can do to help you, as well as members of the congregation/group that are sharing their religious experiences with you.

If you are full of baloney, you will probably lose because this isn't anything new and a skilled decision-maker will see through it. If you are sincere then the materials necessary to support what you have done ought to be simply put together. If you simply "embrace" a new religion and don't do anything that the religion demands in order to convert AND adhere to its tenants.., it won't be successful.

Also, if it is actually evident that a person can find a safe spot in their own nation where nobody is persecuted for quietly practicing this religion then you are again likely to be refused. If you believe that this conversion approach to making a refugee claim is new, it isn't. If you are sincere, you will have to prove it and I wish you good luck.

Reactions: sahber