+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asking for an honest experienced opinion about Visa

moon light 77

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
If some one applied for an open work permit Visa based on her husband work in Canada and then she got a fellowship.Should she apply for another work permit based on the fellowship she got????
Morover,she is studying online and she also applied for a study permit Visa and waiting for the visa, she only got the first part of it and still waiting for the study permit also. Will be any problems or interactions between them?????

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If some one applied for an open work permit Visa based on her husband work in Canada and then she got a fellowship.Should she apply for another work permit based on the fellowship she got????
Morover,she is studying online and she also applied for a study permit Visa and waiting for the visa, she only got the first part of it and still waiting for the study permit also. Will be any problems or interactions between them?????
If this fellowship is about working for and employer, then you can use your work permit.

If it is about studying at an university, then you have to wait for your study permit.

moon light 77

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
If this fellowship is about working for and employer, then you can use your work permit.

If it is about studying at an university, then you have to wait for your study permit.
Thanks for your reply, the fellowship is a research fellow. My question is : Should I apply for work permit again based on this fellowship or it will be a duplication as I applied for OPW based on my husband work in Canada??????

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply, the fellowship is a research fellow. My question is : Should I apply for work permit again based on this fellowship or it will be a duplication as I applied for OPW based on my husband work in Canada??????
Assuming this fellowship is not a part of your degree, you can work with your current OWP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Believe that post grad is usually considered education. Is this being done via a university or university affiliated lab? If so, have you approached the school to ask whether this would be considered studying or working. Willing you get a degree from a university?