+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asking for additional information

Worried and Confused!

Apr 9, 2010
Hi all
I wonder if anyone can help me. I received this email today. But I sent them the original police clearances. UK and Australia, I have never lived in the states, where I assume they are taking about? Freaking out slightly!

Dear Applicant,
In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents stated below. Unless specified to the contrary, send clear, legible photocopies rather that the original documents. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation in addition to a photocopy of the original document. All of the forms listed below can be found on our website at www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca .
* Original Police certificates from FBI
Please forward all requested documents together within 60 days from the date of this email. If we do not hear from you within that period, we shall assume that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your file will be closed. Please allow 3-4 months for us to review incoming correspondence. All documents submitted in support of your application are subject to verification with the issuing authority. If you fail to provide the requested items within the time period specified, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information already before the officer. Failure to provide the additional information could result in the refusal of your application.
Please do not contact us unless there are significant issues which need to be brought to our attention. On all correspondence sent to the High Commission, please quote your file number on the letter and again on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
We look forward to hearing from you within 60 days.
Sincerely,

I really hope someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks

Laura

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
Have you ever been in the states period, and if so, how long?

I think if you've been somewhere a year, they require it.

S

SaugaBoss

Worried and Confused! said:
I've only been in the states for a holiday. I think 4 weeks max! I've sent them an email, do you know if they respond to emails?
so only like a month in the USA and they require u to send in a FBI certificate thats odd