+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asked to redo the medical examination

Bambi2019

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
Agreed, just to second that comment. They are entirely separate. The way IRCC views it, you'd need both to be valid at the time of landing.
But for now I can go ahead with the medical exam with my current passport (expires in March 2021) whilst I work on the renewal correct?

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi gues. They asked me to renew my medical exam. I am very concerned as not sure why they asked me. Is there any problem with my report? I had done my first medical in Aug last year. Now all hospitals are close due to Covid. What should I do? Please can you help me? I am in panic. Is there someone else woth renewed medical exam request?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi gues. They asked me to renew my medical exam. I am very concerned as not sure why they asked me. Is there any problem with my report? I had done my first medical in Aug last year. Now all hospitals are close due to Covid. What should I do? Please can you help me? I am in panic. Is there someone else woth renewed medical exam request?
Your medical exam is only valid for 1 year, so I assume you were asked to redo it because your last one has expired. Try not to stress. Just try and go and get a new one as soon as you can, and if you can't yet, then upload a Letter of Explanation telling IRCC why.

163satish

Oct 22, 2020
CEC application, inland. Submitted in April 1st week.
In June got update saying Medical has passed. That reset later in August. Now today on 22nd October, they asked to redo medical exams.
My medicals have expired on August 29th this year. But when application was submitted they were valid and as I said I got email saying medical was passed.
But now they are asking to redo? Is this normal? It is putting so much stress :-(

any idea if there is any way around? :-(

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
In June got update saying Medical has passed. That reset later in August. Now today on 22nd October, they asked to redo medical exams.
My medicals have expired on August 29th this year. But when application was submitted they were valid and as I said I got email saying medical was passed.
But now they are asking to redo? Is this normal? It is putting so much stress :-(

Yes, this is very normal. Once you are pass the new medical, they will issue COPR directly.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

Yes, you need valid medicals right through the processing generally. It's not just that they have to be valid when you apply. So, if they expire during processing, it's normal that they asked you to redo them, so that when you arrive in Canada, you're still under medical validity.

Generally how it works is that they give you a landing date, and you land before then, or before your passport expires, or before your medicals expire. Whichever comes first.

abbby

Feb 25, 2020
dont worry ... any time you may get PPR again...

for us after redoing the medical , took approx 15 days for 2nd PPR request .. from NDVO
Hi Guys,

I got the request from the CIC to resubmit my medicals which i will be and mostly in two weeks they should have the updated report. Does anyone had an idea how long would they take to send COPR. I check with them and they all is done and approved. I am in Canada so any one who is here and has had similar experience or has an idea please do share. thanks.

163satish

Oct 22, 2020
Hi Guys,

I got the request from the CIC to resubmit my medicals which i will be and mostly in two weeks they should have the updated report. Does anyone had an idea how long would they take to send COPR. I check with them and they all is done and approved. I am in Canada so any one who is here and has had similar experience or has an idea please do share. thanks.
I did my medicals the day after posting question in this thread. (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/asked-to-redo-the-medical-examination.555198/post-8936992). My results were updated on my profile on 1st November and now I am waiting for next update.
I do not see any COPR yet. Still waiting...

abbby

Feb 25, 2020
I did my medicals the day after posting question in this thread. (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/asked-to-redo-the-medical-examination.555198/post-8936992). My results were updated on my profile on 1st November and now I am waiting for next update.
I do not see any COPR yet. Still waiting...
thanks, satish this helps... hopefully there should be some update leading out from this... coz usually trends gives us a good insights into what we can expect next.