+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

As protected person in Canada~

coco2018

Dec 5, 2018
I got accepted by Canada as a protected person in Canada, so I hold the PR number but not applying for PR yet due to failing to save up the fee for PR application.
My question is below:
I am in the middle of an interview with one USA company.
They ask me which type of VISA I need in order to work in the USA now or in the future if I got the offer from them.
I am wondering if anyone knows the specific type of VISA name.
So that I can get back to them.

Thanks very much.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I got accepted by Canada as a protected person in Canada, so I hold the PR number but not applying for PR yet due to failing to save up the fee for PR application.
My question is below:
They ask me which type of VISA I need in order to work in the USA now or in the future if I got the offer from them.

Thanks very much.
How do you hold a PR number but not a PR?

Also it depends what type of Job you are going to do, just go on the Us consolate visa page and click employment and see the different type of employment visa ad go from there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My question is below:

Thanks very much.
You would be considered like anyone else applying from your country of origin. Doesn’t sound like you have Canadian PR but Canadian PE wouldn’t help you get a visa to work in the US. You would need to be a Canadian citizen to access some of the Canadian visa programs like NAFTA and TN.

coco2018

Dec 5, 2018
How do you hold a PR number but not a PR?

Also it depends what type of Job you are going to do, just go on the Us consolate visa page and click employment and see the different type of employment visa ad go from there.
Once I accepted, a settlement worker told me that I already got PR number...