+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

As for OOPNP, No one concerns about regulated professions?

kingliu1013

Jun 9, 2015
I find this in the Application Guide for Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream

Working in a regulated occupation in Ontario
If you are currently working in an occupation that is regulated in Ontario which requires mandatory certification or licensing in Ontario, you must submit proof of your certification or license. For more information on regulated professions in Ontario, visit: h ttp :// ww w.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_HOW_WORK_PROF_PROFS.html

It seems to me that few discussions are made.
Those who have received PT are exempted from this?

Dilbert

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Doc's Request.
14-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
14-11-2015
Med's Request
14-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
kingliu1013 said:
I find this in the Application Guide for Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream

If you are currently working in an occupation that is regulated in Ontario which requires mandatory certification or licensing in Ontario, you must submit proof of your certification or license. For more information on regulated professions in Ontario, visit: h ttp :// ww w.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_HOW_WORK_PROF_PROFS.html

Your assumption is incorrect. Candidates who received PT are not exempted. All candidates who are/will be working under regulated profession must fulfill the criteria imposed by the respective governing authority.

Example: Even though I have an engineering degree I cannot use the title of PENG(Professional Engineer), not until I fulfill the criteria from the PEO(professional Engineers of Ontario) governing authority. Similarly, doctors, technicians, tradesmen etc etc have to qualify/fulfill criteria from their respective authorities in order to practice their profession.

kingliu1013

Jun 9, 2015
Dilbert said:
Your assumption is incorrect. Candidates who received PT are not exempted. All candidates who are/will be working under regulated profession must fulfill the criteria imposed by the respective governing authority.

Example: Even though I have an engineering degree I cannot use the title of PENG(Professional Engineer), not until I fulfill the criteria from the PEO(professional Engineers of Ontario) governing authority. Similarly, doctors, technicians, tradesmen etc etc have to qualify/fulfill criteria from their respective authorities in order to practice their profession.
I am still confused whether my previous work experience related to my nomination occupation would prevent me from getting invited(or rejected after having submitted my documents to the OP) if it is in the regulated professions list.

AB3087

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Hi
I am dentist but also did masters in public health in india itself. I donot have canadian license, my NOC is 4165 which does not require clinical skills .. I am workin as a public health professional .. Still do i need the license from canada? I have recieved PT and can i apply?

kingliu1013

Jun 9, 2015
kingliu1013 said:

Because in the International Skilled Worker - Saskatchewan Express Entry Sub-Category, it is claimed

If your work experience is in an occupation that is regulated in Saskatchewan and requires mandatory (compulsory) certification or licensing in Saskatchewan, you are required to obtain proof of eligibility for Saskatchewan licensure to be able to work in that profession before you apply to the SINP. Proof of eligibility for Saskatchewan licensure from the regulatory body is required as part of your SINP application. To see if your occupation has mandatory (compulsory) certification or licensing, refer to the Application Guide (Appendix A). You can find more information on regulated occupations at Is my occupation regulated?.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
AB3087 said:
I am dentist but also did masters in public health in india itself. I donot have canadian license, my NOC is 4165 which does not require clinical skills .. I am workin as a public health professional .. Still do i need the license from canada? I have recieved PT and can i apply?
Unless you are working as a dentist, you are not required to be licensed as a dentist.

JoyceM

Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dilbert said:

Does this mean as engineers we cannot apply for oopnp until we have proof of license from ontario?

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
JoyceM and others with NOC in regulated professions that don't have the requisite license in Canada -

Any updates on what you found out about OINP's take on whether we actually need to submit proof of (Canadian) certification/license? The Application Guide says the following and since I'm not in Canada and can't get the license without actually getting there and taking some courses, exams etc., it doesn't seem to make any sense to spend $1500:

"Working in a regulated occupation in Ontario
If you are currently working in an occupation that is regulated in Ontario which
requires mandatory certification or licensing in Ontario, you must submit proof of
your certification or license. For more information on regulated professions in
Ontario, visit:
[link that I can't seem to post]
If you are currently working in a regulated skilled trade in Ontario, you must submit
a certificate of qualification issued by the Ontario College of Trades. For more
information on trades that require mandatory certification in Ontario, visit:
[a link]"

kimica

Oct 24, 2015
kingliu1013 said:
Because in the International Skilled Worker - Saskatchewan Express Entry Sub-Category, it is claimed

If your work experience is in an occupation that is regulated in Saskatchewan and requires mandatory (compulsory) certification or licensing in Saskatchewan, you are required to obtain proof of eligibility for Saskatchewan licensure to be able to work in that profession before you apply to the SINP. Proof of eligibility for Saskatchewan licensure from the regulatory body is required as part of your SINP application. To see if your occupation has mandatory (compulsory) certification or licensing, refer to the Application Guide (Appendix A). You can find more information on regulated occupations at Is my occupation regulated?.
OOPNP does not require proof if you are outside and not working in Canada, but Saskachewan appears to require it. Each province may have different requirements, please check directly with the province for your NOC if you are uncertain.

Canadiense85

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
Same problem, this is confusing.

Should we apply for the license before applying for OINP?? that would definitely take more than the allowed 45 days to respond.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
kimica said:
OOPNP does not require proof if you are outside and not working in Canada, but Saskachewan appears to require it. Each province may have different requirements, please check directly with the province for your NOC if you are uncertain.
Thanks, kimica, for responding here and in the other thread. What you say makes sense. A rational province would be accommodating in that way. From what I know Saskatchewan indeed requires such proof for even those who've never set a foot there. Their webpages are quite clear on that. Why they'd go that route, the devil knows. If Texas is hell, then Saskatchewan is when hell freezes over 8). Before anyone gets huffy about my characterization of Saskatchewan, I can do this because I've lived South of the border for a few years :p . OINP materials, on the other hand, are quite vague.

Canadiense85 said:
Same problem, this is confusing.

Should we apply for the license before applying for OINP?? that would definitely take more than the allowed 45 days to respond.
Canadiense85, I was wondering about this 45 days to respond business. Is that from the day we get the notification via CIC that says "yo, ON is into you and wants you to propose"? Can you or anyone say more on this deadline issue? The CIC notification is bare bones and does not mention anything worthwhile. Anyone?

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Nevermind, the OINP webpage on [I'm not yet allowed to post links, dang it] says "After you receive a PT Notification of Interest from Ontario through your MyCIC account, you have 45 days to apply to OINP under the Human Capital Priorities Stream."

I see now that a few other threads on OINP have popped up. I will stick with the latest thread and leave this one aside.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Just one more thing. Related issue so bumping this thread again. What about regular EE FSWP? What I mean is, does this issue (lack of license/certification in a regulated profession) come up post ITA (i.e., ITA received with PNP or LMIA job offer) with the Federal forms and documents? My limited research leads me to believe it doesn't but wanted to confirm with those with experience.

Canadiense85

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
JoyceM said:
This does not apply to those outside Canada.. :)
Sorry Joyce but I need to ask, are you sure about this? as I may pay 1500 dollars for nothing.

I work as an engineer outside of Canada.