+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

As an immigrant, how are you liking Canada? Do you regret moving there? Is life hard? Is the economy difficult? Other

luffy99

Jan 20, 2022
’ve been talking to a really nice and helpful Canadian and they’ve been helping me get an understanding of how life in Canada is before I make any decisions of moving there, however, I’d like to hear what life in Canada is like from an immigrant’s point of view :)

rockrchh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
It is tough if you move to Canada on your own, the imm process is such a headache and unfortunately many people are abusive and racist against new immigrants.

It is such a beautiful country with so much to offer, but bad things happen to anyone. All I can say that if you move to Canada, make sure to have an immigration lawyer instead of an imm consultant to help you with your imm process.

Imm= immigration

Torontonian343

Mar 1, 2021
Life is tough in Canada, especially with harsh weather. If you're short of finances than life is next to impossible. You need a lot of money to settle down.
The major issues conflicting with me are living in rental property residences where my experiences with most of the roommates are toxic, rude, violent, abusive & hasteful. The problem with my situation is I cannot afford a Bachelor Apartment in Toronto and prices have skyrocketed to unbearable costs which someone like cannot afford per month basis. Than there is issue of moving out of city in suburbs & then boredom kicks in.

In conclusion, rental units is pain the back end, employment is pain in the head and lastly weather sucks, there you have it. But I am still for Canada maple leafs.

Last edited:

DanMac

Jun 18, 2014
Based on my own experience in moving to Canada and the abysmal experience in dealing with the various Canadian authorities prior and after moving here - I'd have to say that the decision to emigrate to Canada was the worst decision and the biggest mistake I ever made.
The numerous authorities and economic development departments are the most vacuous, dishonest and misleading people I have ever dealt with, they love to offer wondrous things before you get here but they deliver nothing once you are here. It's a myth that Canada needs skilled immigrants and entrepreneurs because your qualifications won't be recognized when you get here, and if you try to start your own business............. expect to spend 10 times the amount you originally budgeted for and expect to have to fight with local authorities over ridiculous code compliancy requirements before you can legally operate.
The whole bureaucratic system here is designed to relieve you of money, not to help you become established. In my opinion, moving to Canada is the worst choice anyone could make.

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
After 8 months of honeymoon, I started disliking it. But maybe if you stay in US for a decade it makes some difference, as opposed to someone who directly moves from india. People who move from India don't get my frustuation, but recently met many people who lives in US before, and almost all of them cuss Canada the way I do. lol.
Poor quality overexpensive housing, less tech jobs and poor pay. Most people get 120 to 130K CAD and houses are 1+ million. It's a joke. My friend in California make 300K and houses are 1.5 million, but weather and job opportunities are 10x.
I honestly feel Canadian immigration will crash if US removes country cap from EB based green card.
At this point, i am debating if its worth to stay till citizenship or not.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: foodie69

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
After 8 months of honeymoon, I started disliking it. But maybe if you stay in US for a decade it makes some difference, as opposed to someone who directly moves from india. People who move from India don't get my frustuation, but recently met many people who lives in US before, and almost all of them cuss Canada the way I do. lol.
Poor quality overexpensive housing, less tech jobs and poor pay. Most people get 120 to 130K CAD and houses are 1+ million. It's a joke. My friend in California make 300K and houses are 1.5 million, but weather and job opportunities are 10x.
I honestly feel Canadian immigration will crash if US removes country cap from EB based green card.
At this point, i am debating if its worth to stay till citizenship or not.
I've lived in US and EU. I have selected Canada as my home. I guess, it is more about how you answer "why Canada" and if ease of migration is simply the reason I can assure you there will only be regrets. Canada isn't perfect, as is no other country, it is more about what type of broken works for you. Canada is the type of broken that works for me.

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
I've lived in US and EU. I have selected Canada as my home. I guess, it is more about how you answer "why Canada" and if ease of migration is simply the reason I can assure you there will only be regrets. Canada isn't perfect, as is no other country, it is more about what type of broken works for you. Canada is the type of broken that works for me.
Good for you. I never said "all US -> Canada" in my comment, I said most. I only know one person who moved to Canada from US in 2018 and would say "Best decision of my life". Ironically, in 2022 after getting citizenship he did move to US immediately.
Like the thread said, give your opinion. And I think the point of thread is give your PoV democratically, not autocratically. cheers

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Good for you. I never said "all US -> Canada" in my comment, I said most. I only know one person who moved to Canada from US in 2018 and would say "Best decision of my life". Ironically, in 2022 after getting citizenship he did move to US immediately.
Like the thread said, give your opinion. And I think the point of thread is give your PoV democratically, not autocratically. cheers
I can understand what you are saying. I was just sharing my PoV, that it is the kind of broken that will work for me, but it could easily be something that won't work for others.