+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arya Samajh Marriage Certificate

sgaurav4

Sep 11, 2022
Hi All,

Can someone please help confirming if your Arya Samajh Certificate was accepted in any of your family sponsorship?

We are planning to file INLAND visitor to spousal visa. I am a full time student and want to check if I can sponsor my wife based in Arya Samajh Certificate.

We do not have registration at the moment from India and we cannot afford to go to India to get it registered at the moment. Although my wife travelled to Canada showing my name in her file.

Please share your best advise.

Regards,
Gaurav

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi

Hi All,

Can someone please help confirming if your Arya Samajh Certificate was accepted in any of your family sponsorship?

We are planning to file INLAND visitor to spousal visa. I am a full time student and want to check if I can sponsor my wife based in Arya Samajh Certificate.

We do not have registration at the moment from India and we cannot afford to go to India to get it registered at the moment. Although my wife travelled to Canada showing my name in her file.

Regards,
Gaurav
1/ As it not registered, it is not valid. The following
Hi All,

Regards,
Gaurav
1/ As it not registered, it is not valid. The following

Prayagraj:
The Allahabad High Court has observed that certificates issued by Arya Samaj Societies alone do not prove the legality of a marriage, saying the wedding should also be registered.

While dealing with a habeas corpus petition, Justice Saurabh Shyam Shamshery said, "The court has been flooded with the marriage certificates issued by different Arya Samaj Societies which have been seriously questioned during different proceedings before this court as well as by other high courts." "The said institution has misused their beliefs in organizing the marriages without even considering the genuineness of documents," the court further observed.

"Since the marriage has not been registered, therefore, only on the basis of said certificate it cannot be deemed that the parties have married," the court observed.