+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Article about Express Entry - might be erased by new govrnt.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
nothing about international students without relatives so wont happen unless something changes. But with this refugee crises its safe to assume EE will be business as usual or will deteriorate ..improvements dont seem likely. Improvements meaning changes in favor of international students. In current situation I will take current EE over any new changes. If extra points are given to relatives then our numbers will be pushed back even further which scares me.
I agree with you but staying with EE might be loss for international students because no specific changes are coming to international students because there is no such topic named "international students" and students with Canadian exp might be aligible under CEC while at the same time they won't get an ITA if their points are't higher than 450 which needs more exp,edu etc. While on the other side of the story they want more students to come which strengthens their economy (approximately 18000$/year each student) by earning more tution fees but they are't willing to settle them down in Canada after getting that expensive aducation and giving more priorities to refugees which is our being spend lots of money to settle canada population wise without thinking economically about students who are educated enough to perform at least some duties. I have known some people "refugees" who just got settled under 6 months. It looks like international students are left behind.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but:

nowhere is it stated by CIC/the Canadian government that a study permit will lead to PR.

The study permit actually contains wording which directly refutes it as a route to PR.

The PGWP is actually quite generous, and allows international students a shot at PR via CEC.

Even more unpopular is the idea that skilled trades (eg cooks, plumbers, carpenters, etc) might be more in demand than PHD holders :(.

Intezaar

May 26, 2015
Well I agree that what you say is factually correct that study permit isn't a direct route to PR.

But,

students have been coming to Canada (and thereby bringing in lots of dollars) with the dream of becoming PR some day by getting PGWP and then qualifying through CEC. in fact Canadian schools and their agents have been using the "PR path" to get students to Canada. I have witnessed this first hand. In comparison with US, the best thing Canada has to offer is PR (with its colder climates, lower wages etc. etc.) Give me a good reason why would any student in future want to spend dollars in Canada if they see getting PR isn't an option anymore. Why would they not got to US or any other country if they ultimately have to return home. I agree there might be students who just want to come, study, work for a bit and go home, but definitely a lot more who want to stay here permanently hence the discussion.

Before 2015, there was no discussion on this topic - study permit does not lead to PR. Why? Because it actually lead to one. it lead to 3 yr work permit, was easier to get 1 yr Canadian experience in 3yrs and get PR with nothing to worry about scores or ECA.

The govt. will definitely see this as a problem. I believe if there is a fall in international students there may be some changes even if its scoring a bit more with Canadian education or work experience.

I agree factually Canada does not owe Citizenship or PR to any international student, but same way Canada does not need to bring in refugees. But everything is not fact, sometimes there is more to it. :)

Lammawitch said:

nowhere is it stated by CIC/the Canadian government that a study permit will lead to PR.

The study permit actually contains wording which directly refutes it as a route to PR.

The PGWP is actually quite generous, and allows international students a shot at PR via CEC.

Even more unpopular is the idea that skilled trades (eg cooks, plumbers, carpenters, etc) might be more in demand than PHD holders :(.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lammawitch said:

then why don't they refuse them after completing studies and tell them to return back as many other countries , why are they creating a hope of hope of becoming PR by giving PGWP ?
Why don't they hire direct foreign workers as cooks,plumbers etc...? So here is the process how international students make their way to PR and before that benifits the Canadian govt and its economy
First coming to canada by paying aprx 18000$ where as other countries offer cheaper education like australia aprx 7000$/ year , newzealand 7000$/year , UK 10000$, Ireland 8000$..even some european countries offere free education for some countries.
Then applying PGWP which earns millions of dollars in the from of fees every year still struglling waiting periods and it even changes ...where as other programmes are't that much...
then applying for PR hopefully if ssomeone qualifies for it ...and even after aopproving paying taxes inthe from of job(everyone pays) which keeps earning the govt.

other programmes such as refugees:
Entering the country by any means and applying for stay , receiving work permit right away , getting call for interview ( now a days within 2 minths) if approved PR in entering 6 months with working rights and medical facilities where student pays his own medical included in the fees.

Temporary Foreighn workers coming to Canada after one year eligible for almost all IMMI programmes specially for CEC,FSW,FST and getting the decision until student finishes his/her studies and the struggle continues till the PR process finished . What foreign worker pays, only LMIA 1000$ ( previously 275) and a visa fees that's it, done , already on the trackto PR.

There is not even a topic on international students in the parliament ...... :( :( :( :( :mad:

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Lammawitch said:

agreed however CEC was initially created for this specific purpose as not to lose people who have canadian experience including international students(TFW & PGWP). So it an ambiguous message that CIC was sending. I understand whats written on the study permit but earlier pre express entry CEC was bassically an open invitation and people who came here pre 2015 came here looking at that easy of PR. Our plans were massively altered when EE came in 2015 for which they were promising easy entry to people with jobs in canada no where did they say it will require LMIA.
so when u say the above statement it seems like ur mocking us . Hence that statement is painful and unpopular. So please dont blame us like so many people on this forum.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
agreed however CEC was initially created for this specific purpose as not to lose people who have canadian experience including international students(TFW & PGWP). So it an ambiguous message that CIC was sending. I understand whats written on the study permit but earlier pre express entry CEC was bassically an open invitation and people who came here pre 2015 came here looking at that easy of PR. Our plans were massively altered when EE came in 2015 for which they were promising easy entry to people with jobs in canada no where did they say it will require LMIA.
so when u say the above statement it seems like ur mocking us . Hence that statement is painful and unpopular. So please dont blame us like so many people on this forum.
I had no intention of mocking anybody. I'm very sincerely sorry if that's what you thought.

Please accept my apologies if my post sounded like I was :(

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intezaar said:
Well I agree that what you say is factually correct that study permit isn't a direct route to PR.

But,

students have been coming to Canada (and thereby bringing in lots of dollars) with the dream of becoming PR some day by getting PGWP and then qualifying through CEC. in fact Canadian schools and their agents have been using the "PR path" to get students to Canada. I have witnessed this first hand. In comparison with US, the best thing Canada has to offer is PR (with its colder climates, lower wages etc. etc.) Give me a good reason why would any student in future want to spend dollars in Canada if they see getting PR isn't an option anymore. Why would they not got to US or any other country if they ultimately have to return home. I agree there might be students who just want to come, study, work for a bit and go home, but definitely a lot more who want to stay here permanently hence the discussion.

Before 2015, there was no discussion on this topic - study permit does not lead to PR. Why? Because it actually lead to one. it lead to 3 yr work permit, was easier to get 1 yr Canadian experience in 3yrs and get PR with nothing to worry about scores or ECA.

The govt. will definitely see this as a problem. I believe if there is a fall in international students there may be some changes even if its scoring a bit more with Canadian education or work experience.

I agree factually Canada does not owe Citizenship or PR to any international student, but same way Canada does not need to bring in refugees. But everything is not fact, sometimes there is more to it. :)
There are actually thousands of refugee sitting in Canada alraedy and they might approve atleast half which will of course push the international students and i really don't understand why Canada is jumping into it while there are lots of Other big countries ( eg australia) don't even bother talking about it...Really out of understanding... ??? ??? ::)

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Lammawitch said:
I had no intention of mocking anybody. I'm very sincerely sorry if that's what you thought.

Please accept my apologies if my post sounded like I was :(
thank you for understanding. Sorry I get touchy with this subject

Intezaar

May 26, 2015
Am11 said:
There are actually thousands of refugee sitting in Canada alraedy and they might approve atleast half which will of course push the international students and i really don't understand why Canada is jumping into it while there are lots of Other big countries ( eg australia) don't even bother talking about it...Really out of understanding... ??? ??? ::)
Maybe because over the years Canada has formed an image of welcoming and a humanitarian country. With a change of govt, the new govt wants to prove that Canada is actually really humanitarian, and the fact that it is liberals in power, it was expected. There will be changes for good in immigration system for overall including Refugees. It just might take more time for EE and international students to catch their eyes due to a number of factors - backlog, already a large presence of international students here, pool growing at a decent rate. But sooner or later IMHO there will be more visibility to international students. In the meanwhile though many will have to suffer.