+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arriving for the first time in Canada as an immigrant

psrt

Jun 14, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I will be landing at Pearson Airport by the end of this month for the first time as an FSW-O immigrant. Before this, I have never been to Canada. I have started this thread to know what can i expect at the airport.

I know I have to submit a paper at the airport but apart from that want to know what other documents would need.
what kind of questions they will ask?

It would be a good help if anyone could share their experience at the airport.

Thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I will be landing at Pearson Airport by the end of this month for the first time as an FSW-O immigrant. Before this, I have never been to Canada. I have started this thread to know what can i expect at the airport.

I know I have to submit a paper at the airport but apart from that want to know what other documents would need.
what kind of questions they will ask?

It would be a good help if anyone could share their experience at the airport.

Thank you
Paper? Do you mean the "goods accompanying form" and "goods follow form"? They will not ask you. You will have to show them yourself.

psrt

Jun 14, 2023
Paper? Do you mean the "goods accompanying form" and "goods follow form"? They will not ask you. You will have to show them yourself.
No not "goods accompanying form" ...In the envelope from VFS, there were 2 COPRs. Both of them are for different parties, one of them is "IRCC copy" and the other one is for the Client(for me). ...so I guess I would have to submit the one written as "IRCC copy".

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
No not "goods accompanying form" ...In the envelope from VFS, there were 2 COPRs. Both of them are for different parties, one of them is "IRCC copy" and the other one is for the Client(for me). ...so I guess I would have to submit the one written as "IRCC copy".
IRCC/CBSA will need to sign your copy as well. You need a signed copy to get things like SIN card (for work) and provincial medical.

AleCart700

Jan 20, 2024
Landing in Canada as an FSW-O immigrant is an exciting journey. When you arrive at Pearson Airport, having all your key documents like your passport, visa, and Confirmation of Permanent Residence is crucial. They may ask you a few questions about your purpose in Canada, where you're planning to stay, and your future plans – nothing too complicated, just standard procedure.

Pearson Airport is usually quite efficient, but like any major airport, it can get busy. So, patience is key. And remember, the staff there are pretty helpful, so don’t hesitate to ask for assistance if needed.

And if you find yourself needing a Canadian visa photo or any other document photos, https://photogov.com/documents/ca-visa-photo/ is a handy resource. It's always good to have a reliable place to get the right photo specifications, especially when you're new to a country and still figuring things out.

Welcome to Canada, and I wish you a smooth start to your new chapter! If there's anything else you're curious about, feel free to ask. Safe travels!

Reactions: psrt

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landing in Canada as an FSW-O immigrant is an exciting journey. When you arrive at Pearson Airport, having all your key documents like your passport, visa, and Confirmation of Permanent Residence is crucial. They may ask you a few questions about your purpose in Canada, where you're planning to stay, and your future plans – nothing too complicated, just standard procedure.

Pearson Airport is usually quite efficient, but like any major airport, it can get busy. So, patience is key. And remember, the staff there are pretty helpful, so don’t hesitate to ask for assistance if needed.

And if you find yourself needing a Canadian visa photo or any other document photos, https://photogov.com/documents/ca-visa-photo/ is a handy resource. It's always good to have a reliable place to get the right photo specifications, especially when you're new to a country and still figuring things out.

Welcome to Canada, and I wish you a smooth start to your new chapter! If there's anything else you're curious about, feel free to ask. Safe travels!
I wouldn't call Pearson Airport efficient. Message paging for example is somewhat ridiculous - The flight has arrived or departed several hours ago and you might just received their message. You forgot, previously, when many travelers got frustrated with the airport handling their baggage.

AleCart700

Jan 20, 2024
I wouldn't call Pearson Airport efficient. Message paging for example is somewhat ridiculous - The flight has arrived or departed several hours ago and you might just received their message. You forgot, previously, when many travelers got frustrated with the airport handling their baggage.
Oh, I see... For me messages worked fine, but thanks for correction.

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015

I got this

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

psrt

Jun 14, 2023

Really appreciate your reply, it will surely help me when entering Canada. Thanks a lot :)

AleCart700

Jan 20, 2024
I don't know either, but usually the bots reply to their own posting. So if we are faster than them, we take the wind out of their sail. Stupid bots, hahahaha
Bruh, what are you talking about? I just speak out about my opinion and recommendation, that's all! I've already seen two guys appreciate me for that, so you better take your words back. I am not a bot.

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Bruh, what are you talking about? I just speak out about my opinion and recommendation, that's all! I've already seen two guys appreciate me for that, so you better take your words back. I am not a bot.
Yeah sure.. No I won't. I can say whatever I like, get used to it. And that website is probably a scam