+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

arrived in vancouver, how to change address?

lyko

Apr 11, 2011
Hey guys,

me and my girlfriend have just arrived in vancouver. It's beautifull but i can,t really enjoy it until the visa thing is done. I'm sponsoring my girlfriend, family class. We have sent the application as we lived in Switzerland. We've sent it to mississouga. I guess it gets in process next week. Now that we live both in Vancouver (she's learning english and is waiting for the visa) I've got real bad stomachache because i can't find where to inform mississouga about my new address. I don't even know if i have to inform paris also because that's the office where the application goes after cnecked in mississouga.
I would really be glad for your help about this.

Thank you very much

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
I think you can change your address online or call the CIC call centre and they will advise you.

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
lyko said:
Hey guys,

me and my girlfriend have just arrived in vancouver. It's beautifull but i can,t really enjoy it until the visa thing is done. I'm sponsoring my girlfriend, family class. We have sent the application as we lived in Switzerland. We've sent it to mississouga. I guess it gets in process next week. Now that we live both in Vancouver (she's learning english and is waiting for the visa) I've got real bad stomachache because i can't find where to inform mississouga about my new address. I don't even know if i have to inform paris also because that's the office where the application goes after cnecked in mississouga.
I would really be glad for your help about this.

Thank you very much

Instructions here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp Good luck and don't worry too much

lyko

Apr 11, 2011
Thanks for the help. I guess i have to call the centre. I can't use the online tool to change the address because i can't identify myself yet. I have neither of the listed Identification types yet, also i have payed online by credit card so i also don't own an imm 5401 receipt number.
Just to be sure, it is possilbe to have none of the identification typies before the application gets in process?

Thanks very much!

Morena

Star Member
Jul 2, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02- 2011
Doc's Request.
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2011
LANDED..........
Soon!!!
lyko said:
Thanks for the help. I guess i have to call the centre. I can't use the online tool to change the address because i can't identify myself yet. I have neither of the listed Identification types yet, also i have payed online by credit card so i also don't own an imm 5401 receipt number.
Just to be sure, it is possilbe to have none of the identification typies before the application gets in process?

Thanks very much!
When you pay online you get a receipt number starting with R.....with this number you can check the status of your application as soon as they get you in the system. For us was 3 weeks after we sent the application.
can i ask you how was the experience croosing the border with your girlfriend?

lyko

Apr 11, 2011
Morena said:
When you pay online you get a receipt number starting with R.....with this number you can check the status of your application as soon as they get you in the system. For us was 3 weeks after we sent the application.
can i ask you how was the experience croosing the border with your girlfriend?
It's now five weeks for us, it arrived between June 6 -9. And they're taking the applications now in process which arrived june 2. So i guess next week will get our application into the system.

Crossing the border was no problem at all. Yes I had worries about that, not that they won't let her in, but that they stop us and we would have to prove all kinds of stuff. For that case, we had all the papers
of the application etc. on us. But it really was no big deal.
Why are you asking?

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
lyko said:
It's now five weeks for us, it arrived between June 6 -9. And they're taking the applications now in process which arrived june 2. So i guess next week will get our application into the system.

Crossing the border was no problem at all. Yes I had worries about that, not that they won't let her in, but that they stop us and we would have to prove all kinds of stuff. For that case, we had all the papers
Why are you asking?
Your online receipt number should work to check the status of your application once a decision has been made on the sponsor application, but you probably should also try calling the call centre as when a decision was made on my app they sent a letter not an email...

Morena

Star Member
Jul 2, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02- 2011
Doc's Request.
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2011
LANDED..........
Soon!!!
lyko said:

Why are you asking?
Thanks. I'm asking you about the border crossing because i would like to do that, but i'm a little afraid about it. Some people say they like to ask about job, mortgage, etc. in your home country to show your ties. I'm a stay at home mom...so my hubby support me....and not mortgage for now....