Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
What is the letter of introduction? When do we get it?
The LOI is the document you receive in your GC KEY account when your visa (counterfoil) is issued to you after sending your passport. It's a letter from the Canadian authorities, not the uni.

A.trk

Nov 3, 2020
Hi,
When do you take your Covid test, at day 14 or 15? Also if you don’t have symptoms, do you have Wait for your negative test result to leave your quarantine? I couldn’t find any statements about what to do during waiting for test result.

Rou1986

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
I handed over the UHIP card printout along with the rest of documents before they asked for it specifically. My guess is they would have wanted to see that I am insured.
Hello Azzam, at what point did your university share your insurance card with you? I landed in Toronto and wasn’t asked for it nor that my college shared it with me!

Yosola

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Hi,
Can you share what you were asked and when you landed
Thank you
Hello Azzam, at what point did your university share your insurance card with you? I landed in Toronto and wasn’t asked for it nor that my college shared it with me!

pinkpinkpink

Dec 24, 2020
may I also know if they check your medical exam (which was done during visa application) still valid or not?

I have a situation that letter of introduction premit itself can allow go into Canada before 2022 byt my medical exam will be expire soon in late Feb, so not sure if any problem when I get into Canada border during summer time...

Appreicate your kind reply, thank you.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Hi,
When do you take your Covid test, at day 14 or 15? Also if you don’t have symptoms, do you have Wait for your negative test result to leave your quarantine? I couldn’t find any statements about what to do during waiting for test result.
For me I need to take the test after checking out of the hotel on day 15 and before checking in to my room at the dorm. I don't have to wait for a negative result as it takes 2 days to get it.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
may I also know if they check your medical exam (which was done during visa application) still valid or not?

I have a situation that letter of introduction premit itself can allow go into Canada before 2022 byt my medical exam will be expire soon in late Feb, so not sure if any problem when I get into Canada border during summer time...

Appreicate your kind reply, thank you.
I applied from Oman and Oman is an exempt country so I didn't have to do a medical for my application.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Hi,
Can you share what you were asked and when you landed
Thank you
The 1st officer ran me through the form that was given to me in the airplane (customs declaration form) and the second officer asked me to hand over my documents. He asked for my LOI and the university related documents. He looked through the LOA and the fees that were paid. It was very smooth and very questions were asked.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
My UHIP was sent to me a few days before my departure.

Reactions: Rou1986

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020