+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrived in Toronto

mohdyasar

Dec 12, 2015
Arrived today in Toronto. Easy as a breeze. 14 day quarantine starts now.

As promised, I'm here to respond to any questions.
Can you apply for SIN at Toronto Still is the counter open.

Which country did you travel from ? India, if India, do they need a COVID negative report ?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Can you apply for SIN at Toronto Still is the counter open.

Which country did you travel from ? India, if India, do they need a COVID negative report ?
I still haven't started looking in to getting the SIN yet.

I live in Oman and had a transit of 3 hours in Dubai. No PCR test was required.

Raiton

Oct 1, 2020
Congrats on your smooth arrival. Please what was the final validity on your permit? Was it amended past your program end date without hassle?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Congrats on your smooth arrival. Please what was the final validity on your permit? Was it amended past your program end date without hassle?
Thank you.
The validity of the study permit is the same as the what's on the counterfoil. I didn't ask for anything different. If there is a need to extend then it can be done 2 months before the expiry date in approximately 4 years.

Reactions: Raiton

Raiton

Oct 1, 2020
Thank you.
The validity of the study permit is the same as the what's on the counterfoil. I didn't ask for anything different. If there is a need to extend then it can be done 2 months before the expiry date in approximately 4 years.
Oh I see. Thanks

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Letter of Introduction is the main one. They also asked for the Quarantine plan. The next statement was; do you have any other documents? Which was when the university's Entry Letter and Proof of Funds were handed over.
what is letter of introduction. Where can i get it from ..my college has just provided my a letter which states regarding Covid guidelines and letter of enrolment which just states that i am currently studying . Could you please mention your LOI format here .

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
what is letter of introduction. Where can i get it from ..my college has just provided my a letter which states regarding Covid guidelines and letter of enrolment which just states that i am currently studying . Could you please mention your LOI format here .
The LOI is the document you receive in your GC KEY account when your visa (counterfoil) is issued to you after sending your passport. It's a letter from the Canadian authorities, not the uni.

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hi All,

I am currently working in Montreal and my son got an admission in Carleton University, Ottawa. His Study permit application is in progress now and expected to get the approval and Visa stamped at the latest by next month. He is currently in India now. Few questions

1) Does he have to land in Ontario to get Study Permit or if he lands in Montreal can he get Study permit?
2) What type of documents he needs to have in hand for getting Study Permit?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
His Study permit application is in progress now and expected to get the approval and Visa stamped at the latest by next month. He is currently in India now.
It's not possible to get the SP approval in time for winter 2021 as the processing times have surged to 36 weeks due to 2020 backlogs.

"Even with expanded hours of operation at the VACs, not all students will be able to enrol their biometrics and have their application finalized before their January classes start. "

Normal processing times no longer apply , you can check at :

https://twitter.com/CanadainIndia
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Last edited:

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Arrived today in Toronto. Easy as a breeze. 14 day quarantine starts now.

As promised, I'm here to respond to any questions.
Did they ask for the UHIP (health insurance) card to be presented to them along with all the other documents?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Did they ask for the UHIP (health insurance) card to be presented to them along with all the other documents?
I handed over the UHIP card printout along with the rest of documents before they asked for it specifically. My guess is they would have wanted to see that I am insured.

Reactions: lamen22

Slyar

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
Letter of Introduction is the main one. They also asked for the Quarantine plan. The next statement was; do you have any other documents? Which was when the university's Entry Letter and Proof of Funds were handed over.
What is the letter of introduction? When do we get it?