+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrived in Canada last week - wife is in India, she dont want to come and seeking for divorce in Ind

iamur

Dec 29, 2019
Hello Experts,

I landed Canada last week, my wife will going to come after 2 months once I arrange everything here.
Now, she don't want to come to Canada and asking for divorce.
May be she will file the divorce in India home country.

What should I do ?
Once I receive my PR card, Shall I move to India and solve the problem ?
She told me that, she wants divorce at any condition. So, she wants my promise that after she land in Canada, we will file the divorce in Canada. Or she wants divorce here in India.

What should I do ?
Does it effects to my PR ? I am feeling that I am in big trouble. Its shocking.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Hello Experts,

I landed Canada last week, my wife will going to come after 2 months once I arrange everything here.

What should I do ?
She told me that, she wants divorce at any condition. So, she wants my promise that after she land in Canada, we will file the divorce in Canada. Or she wants divorce here in India.

What should I do ?
Well from your application point of view are you the primary applicant and she is secondary applicant ?? Did you claim point for your spouse ?? If the answer is yes then yes if MAY cause a problem. Even if she comes to Canada and later on file for divorce it may cause a problem for citizenship but that is just my conjecture. I don't know what you have planned for future.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Well from your application point of view are you the primary applicant and she is secondary applicant ?? Did you claim point for your spouse ?? If the answer is yes then yes if MAY cause a problem. Even if she comes to Canada and later on file for divorce it may cause a problem for citizenship but that is just my conjecture. I don't know what you have planned for future.
This won't cause any problems for citizenship. Citizenship has nothing to do with your marital status.

iamur

Dec 29, 2019
Yes I am primary applicant and I didn't claim points for my spouse. I am fully qualified my own

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello Experts,

What should I do ?

What should I do ?
Also see https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cancel-visa-copr-before-landing.671358/