+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancel visa COPR before landing

Dhvajal

Jan 1, 2020
Hello,

please help asap.
I am a landed immigrant just landed a month ago. My wife is in India with COPR, hasn’t landed yet. After passport request she asked me divorce. Is there any way i can cancel her copr and stop her in coming to Canada on my basis?
Please help urgent before she lands in Canada
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

please help asap.
I am a landed immigrant just landed a month ago. My wife is in India with COPR, hasn’t landed yet. After passport request she asked me divorce. Is there any way i can cancel her copr and stop her in coming to Canada on my basis?
Thanks
Yes. You can withdraw her from your PR application if you were the primary applicant. Assume you don’t need her points. It is very important that she doesn’t land.

Dhvajal

Jan 1, 2020
Hi can you please tell me the process of cancel her visa? No I don’t need any points. I already landed to Canada. She is back home in India.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi can you please tell me the process of cancel her visa? No I don’t need any points. I already landed to Canada. She is back home in India.
You have to contact CIC via CSE and would suggest contacting your local office. Don’t know where you applied or have their email.

You may need to switch to non-accompanying first if you don’t have proof of divorce.

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does one need to notify the CIC after the completion of all the divorce formalities? The final divorce decree from the courts can take 6 months to 1 year in India.

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to notify.
Thanks for your reply. I think CIC will need to be notified if the wife is added to the application as an accompanying dependent. Will need to get that amended. The question is, to wait for the final court order or update CIC at the start of the proceedings.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I think CIC will need to be notified if the wife is added to the application as an accompanying dependent. Will need to get that amended. The question is, to wait for the final court order or update CIC at the start of the proceedings.
You didn’t mention anything about changing your application. Yes you must contact CIC to change the status to non-accompanying or if you are divorced or can prove that you are in the process of divorce and are living separate lives you can try to remove your spouse from the application. If you are divorced you can remove them from the application.

Reactions: kushagra452

Dhvajal

Jan 1, 2020
Hi Kushagra,
If you’re going through divorce process I’m so sorry to hear this.
but if you are the main applicant than you can simply contact CIC throughWEB FORM and just tell them that you are in The the process of divorce and I’m the main applicant I would like to remove herfrom my application as a dependent.
you won’t be asked any question and they will remove ur spouse in week or two

u don’t have to give any divorce paper at this time

Reactions: kushagra452

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kushagra,
If you’re going through divorce process I’m so sorry to hear this.
but if you are the main applicant than you can simply contact CIC throughWEB FORM and just tell them that you are in The the process of divorce and I’m the main applicant I would like to remove herfrom my application as a dependent.
you won’t be asked any question and they will remove ur spouse in week or two

u don’t have to give any divorce paper at this time
Thank you very much for sharing this info. When will CIC request for the divorce papers? Also, in the CoPR second copy that is stapled to my passport, the name of the dependent spouse is mentioned. Will CIC issue a new CoPR? Thanks!

Last edited:

Leejasthereen

May 30, 2019
Hi everyone.. just need some help here. I am a pr card holder already while my spouse and our child are copr holders. Due to some personal.issues i am planning for anulment and custody case is there any chance i can cancel my spouse's copr at this point? Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone.. just need some help here. I am a pr card holder already while my spouse and our child are copr holders. Due to some personal.issues i am planning for anulment and custody case is there any chance i can cancel my spouse's copr at this point? Thank you
Only if she hasn’t landed.

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Hello,

please help asap.
Thanks
don't do anything, just wait her visa for the CORP expires,,,

Amansethi86

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Hi,
I as primary applicant and my spouse as secondary applicant and my 1 year old twins has applied for permanent residency for Canada. I got the ITA under the PNP and finally has submitted got our passport stamped. Now, as things are not getting good between me and my spouse and we have filed mutual divorce in court. So, my query is that I intimate the IRCC about this as we are getting divorced in webform . As we know , getting a webform reply is a daunting task. Also, final divorce formalities and decree will take almost 6 months. Can I do landing and inform Canadian border authorities about the situation and told them about webform raised. Does any problem persists for PR at border??please guide

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I as primary applicant and my spouse as secondary applicant and my 1 year old twins has applied for permanent residency for Canada. I got the ITA under the PNP and finally has submitted got our passport stamped. Now, as things are not getting good between me and my spouse and we have filed mutual divorce in court. So, my query is that I intimate the IRCC about this as we are getting divorced in webform . As we know , getting a webform reply is a daunting task. Also, final divorce formalities and decree will take almost 6 months. Can I do landing and inform Canadian border authorities about the situation and told them about webform raised. Does any problem persists for PR at border??please guide
You must correct your application before landing. I would attach your divorce filings to your request to remove her from your application.