+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrival: Proof of funds vs. Arranged Employment

RobU

Oct 15, 2009
Hi Folks!

Wish I had found this site when I first applied, its rife with the information that would have helped me breath easier! Last month I received my Skilled Worker's Visa--exciting! My expiry date is Jan 4th. I'm moving from USA.

Question....

For arrival, referencing the "Proof of Funds" link (below), I read, "You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada." How do I prove to the Immigration Officer that I have arranged this employment?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Any feedback would be wonderful... -Rob

RobU

Oct 15, 2009
Sounds a little too easy :) ... I have the funds, but want to make some purchases before I arrive that would put me under the 10,833 CAD that is currently required... maybe i shouldn't chance it?

RobU

Oct 15, 2009
Yes, I did apply via FSW...

I just now got this response from Canadian Consulate General, Immigration Section:

"Yes, that is correct. If you are a skilled worker with an arranged employment, you do not have to show any transferrable funds to Canada, under R76(1)(b)."

However, would the above only be relevant if I originally applied that way, with a company sponsor? Or can I show an offer letter now? And, girlfriend/fiancee can't sponsor or sign anything at this point I presume?

If anyone's got any ideas, let me know!

RobU

Oct 15, 2009
....And no reason to make it complicated now anyway =D
thanks for the feedback all!

Prits

Oct 3, 2009
R76(1)b I don't think proof of fund is exemptem, if someone have AEO. Please recheck.

"b) the skilled worker must

(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to half the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or

(ii) be awarded the number of points referred to in subsection 82(2) for arranged employment in Canada within the meaning of subsection 82(1). "