+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged employment

mountain123

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Hi I was wondering if skill level b occupation can apply under arranged employment? LMIA won't be an issue. I am on a 1 year contract expiring this December. I know it states I need a full time offer, if I get the offer from another employer would it be an issue? Your help is appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - level B occupation is fine.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

scylla said:
Yes - level B occupation is fine.
The offer from another employer would not qualify the OP for arranged employment.

f you are currently working in Canada on a work permit and

Your work permit was issued by CIC based on a positive labour market opinion from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC),
Your work permit is valid when you apply for a permanent resident visa, and
Your current employer has made an offer to give you a permanent full-time job if your application is successful.

coldplay

Mar 5, 2014
I have question, I was on PGWP and since it was expired I had to apply for LMO and I got it. Since I already been employed permanently (I had the employment letter says that I work permanently since 2012). Do I need to provide the permanent job offer. Can't apply for CEC since my NOC is no longer applicable (NOC B, accounting)

Thanks.

mountain123

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Appreciate your swift response people.

Can't my current employer be anybody? I will explain my situation in detail below:

I started with a job in October, 2013 but I was employed through an agency (pro count). I left this job in December, 2013 and got hired directly by another company for a 1 year contract. Both were skill level b.

Question 1

FSW - have at least one year of continuous full-time (or an equal amount in continuous part-time) paid work experience within the last ten years in the primary occupation you state in your application.

I have been employed as skill level b employee since October. Do they need me to be employed with a single employer for one year or a single occupation which would be skill level b noc code?

Definition of occupation from canada immigration- An occupation is defined as a collection of jobs, sufficiently similar in work performed to be
grouped under a common label for classification purposes. A job, in turn, encompasses all the
tasks carried out by a particular worker to complete their duties.

Question 2

Arranged employment point 2 extract- your current employer has made a permanent job offer based on you being accepted as a skilled worker.

My current employer can be another employer who offered me a full time position? If I get another job offer by October or December, 2 things will happen:

1. I complete 1 year in a single occupation (noc skill level b).
2. My current employer which would be another company has offered me a full time position.

Does this make sense? Or did I confuse everyone?

PMM said:
Hi

The offer from another employer would not qualify the OP for arranged employment.

f you are currently working in Canada on a work permit and

Your work permit was issued by CIC based on a positive labour market opinion from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC),
Your work permit is valid when you apply for a permanent resident visa, and
Your current employer has made an offer to give you a permanent full-time job if your application is successful.

rahul101

Jul 3, 2014
coldplay said:
I have question, I was on PGWP and since it was expired I had to apply for LMO and I got it. Since I already been employed permanently (I had the employment letter says that I work permanently since 2012). Do I need to provide the permanent job offer. Can't apply for CEC since my NOC is no longer applicable (NOC B, accounting)

Thanks.
Please provide as much evidence as you can of your past, present and future(if applicable) job experience/offers. But, always keep in mind that the reference letters for the job should closely match the duties as per the NOC that you feel it is closely aligned to.

Specifically, the job letter should mention the number of hours per week, the duties (as per the NOC), benefits ( if any ) , your duties if you held multiple positions within the company, period of employment, business cards of the referee and yourself, and should mention the words "permanent" or "full time" in case you have such an offer, and ofcourse your gross annual salary ( or salary in that term )

rahul101

Jul 3, 2014
mountain123 said:
any help guys?
Hello,

As already specified by a fellow forum member, this is fine.

More details on the CIC website :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp

Specifically the lines :

A qualifying job offer must:

for Federal Skilled Worker Program:
be permanent, non-seasonal and full time, and
be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) list

You may want to refer to more details about the process as per the website. But, rest assured you can apply under skill level B.

The best place to refer is to follow :

a ) The official guide for the program you're applying to

b ) The ministerial instructions for that specific program ( The usual industry jargon - better left for the lawyers to comprehend :) )

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

coldplay

Mar 5, 2014
rahul101 said:
Please provide as much evidence as you can of your past, present and future(if applicable) job experience/offers. But, always keep in mind that the reference letters for the job should closely match the duties as per the NOC that you feel it is closely aligned to.

Specifically, the job letter should mention the number of hours per week, the duties (as per the NOC), benefits ( if any ) , your duties if you held multiple positions within the company, period of employment, business cards of the referee and yourself, and should mention the words "permanent" or "full time" in case you have such an offer, and ofcourse your gross annual salary ( or salary in that term )
Actually all of these are stated in my LMO letter/addendum (number of work hours/any benefits/ vacation). I also provide them with my original job offer I had received back in 2012.

mountain123

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Thank you for your response Rahul. My initial question was answered by a fellow member but not the question after that. I will re-write it in simple terms.

Does the 1 year experience in level b occupation have to be with a single employer or can be with 2 employers? I was working with pro count agency from October to December 2013. Does experience from agency count?

The current employer stated in FSW program has to offer me a full time position. Can this employer be someone other than the employer I completed my 1 year experience with? For example I was working with X employer (got the job through pro count) from October to December. Then employer Y offered me a 1 year contract in December. If employer Z offers me a full time position would I still qualify for this program? Or employer Y has to offer me a full time position. Appreciate your response guys.

rahul101 said:
Hello,

As already specified by a fellow forum member, this is fine.

More details on the CIC website :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp

Specifically the lines :

A qualifying job offer must:

for Federal Skilled Worker Program:
be permanent, non-seasonal and full time, and
be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) list

You may want to refer to more details about the process as per the website. But, rest assured you can apply under skill level B.

The best place to refer is to follow :

a ) The official guide for the program you're applying to

b ) The ministerial instructions for that specific program ( The usual industry jargon - better left for the lawyers to comprehend :) )

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mountain123 said:
Thank you for your response Rahul. My initial question was answered by a fellow member but not the question after that. I will re-write it in simple terms.

Does the 1 year experience in level b occupation have to be with a single employer or can be with 2 employers? I was working with pro count agency from October to December 2013. Does experience from agency count?

The current employer stated in FSW program has to offer me a full time position. Can this employer be someone other than the employer I completed my 1 year experience with? For example I was working with X employer (got the job through pro count) from October to December. Then employer Y offered me a 1 year contract in December. If employer Z offers me a full time position would I still qualify for this program? Or employer Y has to offer me a full time position. Appreciate your response guys.
No - the 1 year of experience does not have to be with a single employer.

To qualify under arranged employment, you need to have an approved LMIA/LMO. The same employer who has obtain the approved LMIA/LMO must have also made you a permanent offer of full time employment. In other words, these two criteria must be satisfied by the same employer & job - it can't be two different employers and job.