+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged employment related query for getting PR

dream2014

Sep 3, 2013
Dear Folks,

I have 3 years experience in IT industry and am planning to pursue certificate courses in Canada. I just hope that I would get a job in my industry but the worst case scenario might land me in any other industry or job profile. Will it affect getting my PR if I get an arranged employment, but in different sector/industry? Kindly highlight the possibilities and risk factors involved.

Thanks in advance!! :)

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Hi

There is no risk associated with changing industries per se, however if you need a job to apply for PR, then a change of industry will affect the NOC classification noted on your application. This means you should check if your new industry still meets the requirements for the intended PR application by falling in the range of NOC classifications needed.

In addition it may also affect the experience you can count. The experience points you earn have to be earned in the NOC category that you get your job, so if your job is IT, your experience need to be IT as well to count.

If you have your PR status already, of course this will not matter either way.

Good luck:)

dream2014

Sep 3, 2013
Thank you NetMecca!!!! :)

I think it would all depend upon my luck and talent to fetch a job in my industry. I just hope that my Project Management course would fetch me a relevant job. Hoping for the best. :p
Thanks again!

engreham22

Feb 12, 2014
NetMecca said:
Hi

There is no risk associated with changing industries per se, however if you need a job to apply for PR, then a change of industry will affect the NOC classification noted on your application. This means you should check if your new industry still meets the requirements for the intended PR application by falling in the range of NOC classifications needed.

In addition it may also affect the experience you can count. The experience points you earn have to be earned in the NOC category that you get your job, so if your job is IT, your experience need to be IT as well to count.

If you have your PR status already, of course this will not matter either way.

Good luck:)
Hi to all
I 'm a civil engineer have immigration visa but did.t make the landing trip and I will get a saudi work visa soon it will be on the same passport holding the Canadian visa with (civil Engineer title),the saudi visa holding title traning consultant
will this affect getting PR WHEN LANDING FOR THE FIRST TIME?WHAT IS YOUR ADVICE MAKE LANDING BEFOR START MY NEW CONTRACT OR WHAT???