+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged Employment Points

satya.mnf

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hello Friends,

I am currently on a Post Grad open work permit (MBA from Canada) and working with a Telecom company in Alberta for over 1.5 years. I recently submitted my Express Entry application. I am qualified under the Canadian Experience Class. However, when I checked my score card I only got 407 points overall and 0 under "Arranged Employment in Canada" category. I thought I would get additional 600 points for that. It also asks me register on Job Bank when I already have a job. Did I go wrong somewhere? Please note that I did not have to submit LMIA because I have an open work permit.

Could anyone let me know if I am in a good position?

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
satya.mnf said:
Hello Friends,

I am currently on a Post Grad open work permit (MBA from Canada) and working with a Telecom company in Alberta for over 1.5 years. I recently submitted my Express Entry application. I am qualified under the Canadian Experience Class. However, when I checked my score card I only got 407 points overall and 0 under "Arranged Employment in Canada" category. I thought I would get additional 600 points for that. It also asks me register on Job Bank when I already have a job. Did I go wrong somewhere? Please note that I did not have to submit LMIA because I have an open work permit.

Could anyone let me know if I am in a good position?
"Under the Express Entry system, candidates who have a permanent job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from a Canadian employer will be awarded 600 points under the Comprehensive Ranking System, which gives them enough points to be invited to apply for permanent residence at the next eligible round of invitations."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=112&t=6

Because you don't have arranged employment/valid job offer(LMIA supported) your must register with the job bank within 30 days of creating your profile. You did not go wrong anywhere, it's just how EE is set up.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

In the last draw the cut-off points total was 453 on April 17, 2015, so no one knows for sure if and when CIC will dip closer to the 400 mark. You just have to be patient and follow the draws.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!'

umers36

Nov 24, 2007
Hi

One of my friend got a job offer from an employer based in Toronto. What if both employer and employee are not satisfied with each other ? Will he be able to switch to some other job ? Are there any restrictions?

Regards

satya.mnf

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Thank you for replying. My only question is why do I need to register on Job Bank when I am already working in Canada. I feel CIC needs to tweak the forms a little bit to incorporate other categories as well.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
satya.mnf said:
Thank you for replying. My only question is why do I need to register on Job Bank when I am already working in Canada. I feel CIC needs to tweak the forms a little bit to incorporate other categories as well.
Yes.

Having a job but no LMIA is being treated the same as having no job.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
satya.mnf said:
As the other forum members have stated, without an LMIA, you are treated in the same manner as a candidate who does not have a job, therefore, in order to complete your profile and get it activated(available for selection), you NEED to register on the Job Bank.

satya.mnf

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Thank you for the comments. I did register on Job Banks. However, I am pretty nervous about my overall score of 407 when the cutoff was 453 last time. Trying to figure out a way I could add more points.

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
satya.mnf said:
Thank you for the comments. I did register on Job Banks. However, I am pretty nervous about my overall score of 407 when the cutoff was 453 last time. Trying to figure out a way I could add more points.
The cutoff was 755 in 9th draw :) it went up again.