+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged Employment/ Employment Offer

krilee

Jul 2, 2018
Hi,

this question is specifically for CEC (Express Entry). I consulted with a lawyer and she said that I might not be eligible for the 50 CRS for arranged employment. This is what I found online that defines arranged employment:

if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
- are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
- have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
- have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

I am currently working for the employer specified on my work permit (LMIA exempt permit), and I was able to obtain a permanent offer. However, because I have not been working
continuously for my employer (Jan-Oct 2018 and Feb19 to present), she said that I might not qualify for "have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer" She also said, that because it is not explicitly stated on the canada.ca site, I might be able to claim the points.
It's very vague and I am hesitating to submit my application because of this.

Can anyone share any advice or was in a similar situation?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

this question is specifically for CEC (Express Entry). I consulted with a lawyer and she said that I might not be eligible for the 50 CRS for arranged employment. This is what I found online that defines arranged employment:

if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
- are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
- have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
- have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

I am currently working for the employer specified on my work permit (LMIA exempt permit), and I was able to obtain a permanent offer. However, because I have not been working
continuously for my employer (Jan-Oct 2018 and Feb19 to present), she said that I might not qualify for "have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer" She also said, that because it is not explicitly stated on the canada.ca site, I might be able to claim the points.
You´re right, there is no "continuity" requirement specified, which usually means that there is no continuity requirement.

In the case of valid job offers, however, it is specified that seasonal employment is excluded. So it would kind of depend on why you had a break in employment, and whether your written job offer states that the employment is full-time, non-seasonal / year round, etc.

Reactions: krilee