+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged Employee Opinion Confusion

Shae

Dec 13, 2010
Hello,
I am using a consultant to do my Canadian PR. He arranged employment with a company for me. he told me that i also needed to get a Labour Market Opinion which he did get recently. I later found out that if i am doing the PR, i would need an AEO, i asked him about it and he says it is basically the same thing.
The document he gave me says LABOUR MARKET OPINION at the top and where it says DURATION OF EMPLOYMENT it says indefinate. Is this the correct document that i need? if not, what does the AEO look like? I am applying for an accounting clerk job, i have years of experience. i have never lived or worked in canada. Please Help!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Shae said:
Hello,
I am using a consultant to do my Canadian PR. He arranged employment with a company for me. he told me that i also needed to get a Labour Market Opinion which he did get recently. I later found out that if i am doing the PR, i would need an AEO, i asked him about it and he says it is basically the same thing.
The document he gave me says LABOUR MARKET OPINION at the top and where it says DURATION OF EMPLOYMENT it says indefinate. Is this the correct document that i need? if not, what does the AEO look like? I am applying for an accounting clerk job, i have years of experience. i have never lived or worked in canada. Please Help!
I would worry since, HRSDC won't issue an LMO, which you use to apply for a work permit, with indefinite as the length of the employment. Note that Accounting clerk is NOC 1341 and is semi skilled and is unlikely to be approved by HRSDC. I bet you are paying for the "AEO" and you have never talked to the employer? Right?

Manpreet Singh

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI, INDIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LMO needs for work permit...and AEO for Applying PR..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is not the same thing and unless you are already working for the employer on a work permit, you can not use the LMO&work permit to apply for your PR. You need an AEO to apply for PR.

Shae

Dec 13, 2010
@PMM: No, i have not spoken to the employer, but i was given a contract from the company, it had contacts and everything. the NOC code on the LMO is 1111 I checked, and it was for Accountant.

Do you know what the AEO is supposed to look like? would it say LMO at the top like the consultant told me? Can an LMO be Faked????? :(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know what an AEO looks like but I found this: http://cango.com.cn/html/upload/2(6).jpg

An LMO can be faked, a job contract can be faked, a company can be faked. The consultant could be scamming you completely and the company might not even exist. It is suspicious that he tells you that an LMO and AEO are the same thing. He should know that they are not. See http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/supperimm.shtml

Shae

Dec 13, 2010
@LEON: This is big help. I really dont know what to do next, as he already got me an LMO. Assuming that the LMO is Legitimate, i could go ahead on the work permit and then apply for the PR.
OR, if anyone know of a way i could find out if the LMO is Legit, please let me know. I need to know if it is a fraud so i can take action.

I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.