+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Argument in invitation letter- Tourist visa

krouss

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm about to send my husband an invitation letter so that he can start the process of getting temporary resident visa.

I'm wondering a few strategic points to include in the letter:

- We still haven't send the Sponsorship files, but we are into that. Is it worth saying something in the invitation letter that ''we are about to send those documents, so they can be reasured that we will respect all rules about temporary visitors'' ( I mean, who's stupid enough to overstay in Canada when they can just wait until getting their formal residency...)

-I see there is 2 ways of writing the letter: Adressing it directly to the person you want to invite, like a personal letter, or more of a letter written for an Immigration officer. Which one works best? I feel the first one is insincere as I would never write such a letter that way to my husband...

-Is it good to send more than one invitation letter? I'm thinking that my mom could send one too. My mom couldn't get to our wedding (was outland) so she really want to organize a little something here in Canada for us.

Any advices for getting more chances to get Tourist visa would be really appreciated.

Best,

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
You need to put more effort into proving your husband's ties to his home country, that he will go back at the end of his stay. While what you say may basically be true in your case ( I mean, who's stupid enough to overstay in Canada when they can just wait until getting their formal residency...), CIC's experience with visitors from visa-required countries tell them otherwise.

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm about to send my husband an invitation letter so that he can start the process of getting temporary resident visa.

- We still haven't send the Sponsorship files, but we are into that. Is it worth saying something in the invitation letter that ''we are about to send those documents, so they can be reasured that we will respect all rules about temporary visitors'' ( I mean, who's stupid enough to overstay in Canada when they can just wait until getting their formal residency...)

-I see there is 2 ways of writing the letter: Adressing it directly to the person you want to invite, like a personal letter, or more of a letter written for an Immigration officer. Which one works best? I feel the first one is insincere as I would never write such a letter that way to my husband...

-Is it good to send more than one invitation letter? I'm thinking that my mom could send one too. My mom couldn't get to our wedding (was outland) so she really want to organize a little something here in Canada for us.

Any advices for getting more chances to get Tourist visa would be really appreciated.

Best,
Just my suggestion although it's entirely upto you, wait till you put in your sponsorship application and then apply for a TRV. Although it's logical, no one would overstay when u can get a PR through sponsorship, CIC doesn't look at it that way. According to them if you have a spouse in Canada, you have stronger ties to Canada than you home country and will not com back.

davidb57

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016

Best,
We have an Outland application ongoing and it's been 3 weeks since I applied for a TRV, still waiting for a response. I think it would make more sense to apply outland and get a TRV after you send the app the way we did it BUT well I don't know, I have not gotten a decision yet!