+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Argentina to Canada visitor visa problem

ez5david

Oct 28, 2008
Hi,
I met this girl in mexico on vacations and she is from argentina. We both went back to our countries and 2 weeks ago I went to Argentina for 1 month and half to stay with her. Now I wanted her to come visit me and I had no idea how to fill in the visitor visa application and also I did not know that they would make so much problems with it since I thought Canada needed fresh people immigrant anyway. Thing is she was supposed to come here and live with me for approximately 6 months or less and then we would both go back to Argentina forever. She had all the papers needed everything and I even sent her a invitation letter like it was saying on the website.

So now she got the answer the next day saying her visitor visa is refused because "she did not convince the agent that she would leave Canada after the end of her visa". I don't really know what options are left for me. I am a Canadian Citizen and I don't feel like living here without her. Is there anything I can do? Help would be really appreciated. Oh and I told her to just go back and re-apply but instead someone else is going to do the invitation letter and for 2 months this time. saying she will only come for chrismas and new year.

Do you think this will help? thanks in advance

ez5david

Oct 28, 2008
i just talked to my sister in law, she is a lawyer and said that I would need to buy a round trip tickets and also ask the girl to get a letter from her job stating that she will reinstate her job when coming back.

do you think it will help? opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ez5david said:
i just talked to my sister in law, she is a lawyer and said that I would need to buy a round trip tickets and also ask the girl to get a letter from her job stating that she will reinstate her job when coming back.

do you think it will help? opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance
With a refusal already as a visitor, the chances for a successful second application are between slim and none. By changing her story as to the length of time and with a different invitee, what do think the visa office is going to decide?

PMM

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
They will think she is just trying to get into the country any way possible. Maybe even decide it is a fraudulent attempt and ban her for a few years or even more.

ez5david

Oct 28, 2008
do i need to go there marry her then do the paperwork for her to comeback to canada with me. i heard it takes up to 1 year. anyone got info on that?

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Seems the quickest you will be together is when you move there. Unless you meet outside Canada.

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
ez5david,
I don't know if you're still checking this thread but if you check out the "Family Class" forum, there are many people that have a wealth of knowledge and they can try to help you there. I don't think the embassy would ban her for attempting a second try. Worst case is another denial, as long as she isn't lying to them or has lied to them since they now have a file on her.

canthai