VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
WillLeaveOnceIGetPassport said:
Yes, Berri is mostly occupied by english speaking tourists and is in downtown where you hear english more often than french. Their reception is only open 1 hour a day so I suggest booking in advance.

I cannot comment on linguistic content of any neighborhood as I never paid attention to this. I feel however that Cote des Neiges is more anglophone than any other neighborhood I have been to as it is mostly occupied by philipinos and russians who have limited understanding of french.
Appreciate that. Thank you

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I thought of adding my experience in Montreal so far since it might be helpful for others.

I came in mid Jan, was lucky to find a friend already living here in a good area called Pointe Claire.

It is a bit far from down town and hence my work place, but is a decent area otherwise i.e. okay rents, good availability of markets and every thing plus no mariuana or any thing. Pretty decent surroundings with easy access to buses and metro.

For new commers, Bus routes and metros are very good in Montreal. Just get a good phone with GPS and use google maps.

The routes suggested by maps are very accurate till the very detail of which bus / metro to take at what time.

The west island is mostly english speaking i.e. every thing left of saint laurence boulevard is termed as west island. So almost every one can speak english here and you are easy to get along.

Commute of up to an hour via metro and bus is not as big a hassle as one would originally expect to be.

I haven't used buses to commute for many years before coming to Canada i.e. only used car in my home country and i didn't find this commute via metro and bus very difficult so far.

kita7789

May 13, 2012
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
10/02/2015
Med's Done....
11/5/2016
Interview........
12/04/2012
Passport Req..
01/7/2016
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2106
fkl said:
I thought of adding my experience in Montreal so far since it might be helpful for others.

I came in mid Jan, was lucky to find a friend already living here in a good area called Pointe Claire.

It is a bit far from down town and hence my work place, but is a decent area otherwise i.e. okay rents, good availability of markets and every thing plus no mariuana or any thing. Pretty decent surroundings with easy access to buses and metro.

For new commers, Bus routes and metros are very good in Montreal. Just get a good phone with GPS and use google maps.

The routes suggested by maps are very accurate till the very detail of which bus / metro to take at what time.

The west island is mostly english speaking i.e. every thing left of saint laurence boulevard is termed as west island. So almost every one can speak english here and you are easy to get along.

Commute of up to an hour via metro and bus is not as big a hassle as one would originally expect to be.

I haven't used buses to commute for many years before coming to Canada i.e. only used car in my home country and i didn't find this commute via metro and bus very difficult so far.
dear friend I and waife and 2 children comimg to montreal as immgrants pls advise us a bout wr to live a safe place cheap near schools 4 children and near micc learning French 4 new comers , what u suggest a furnished apartment or not
regards

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kita7789 said:
dear friend I and waife and 2 children comimg to montreal as immgrants pls advise us a bout wr to live a safe place cheap near schools 4 children and near micc learning French 4 new comers , what u suggest a furnished apartment or not
regards
Montreal is safe in general unless you really find a very odd place to live. In my opinion you should get a place initially - some thing like a motel which is not too expensive, like one suggested above in this thread called Berry or something. Get it for a month, during which you would search around places with ease and then rent.

If you are looking for cheap places, places on south shore, laval or those across river (i.e. off the island of montreal would be cheap, though distant to commute from).

See place in person and then decide. In reality places are very different from what they appear in pictures on kijiji.

If you are willing to do a bit of commute (1 hr 15 min by bus / metro) to downtown and need english neighborhood, i might know places in pointe claire that are good for families , have markets, english speaking and good schools for kids. A couple weeks back some body suggested me a house for around 850 CAD. It was lower portion of a house with a small back yard, 2 beds (though one washroom).

But remember - commute would be a factor from down town.

Let me know if you need further details

kita7789

May 13, 2012
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
10/02/2015
Med's Done....
11/5/2016
Interview........
12/04/2012
Passport Req..
01/7/2016
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2106
fkl said:
Montreal is safe in general unless you really find a very odd place to live. In my opinion you should get a place initially - some thing like a motel which is not too expensive, like one suggested above in this thread called Berry or something. Get it for a month, during which you would search around places with ease and then rent.

If you are looking for cheap places, places on south shore, laval or those across river (i.e. off the island of montreal would be cheap, though distant to commute from).

See place in person and then decide. In reality places are very different from what they appear in pictures on kijiji.

If you are willing to do a bit of commute (1 hr 15 min by bus / metro) to downtown and need english neighborhood, i might know places in pointe claire that are good for families , have markets, english speaking and good schools for kids. A couple weeks back some body suggested me a house for around 850 CAD. It was lower portion of a house with a small back yard, 2 beds (though one washroom).

But remember - commute would be a factor from down town.

Let me know if you need further details
many thnks 4 ur respond dear will be in touch
regards thanks gentelman

mehtab_gill

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I am going to McGill University
Searching for a room mate to share apartment ?
Any sharing apartments near down town campus.

aammaadmi

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Online Application (Islamabad, Pakistan)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2015
Doc's Request.
27-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-12-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2015
LANDED..........
29-04-2015
Use Airbnb.com

I booked my room there for $560 for 32 nights. It's located on Park Avenue and looks very clean. I plan to buy cheaper room for subsequent months. For around $400/month.

Sasha_24

May 13, 2015
try go to KIJIJI.com
i'm not allowed post a link here, but that's a good place to go and find something suitable