+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Area of training quick question

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Petroleum engineering bachelors but 18 month experience as a mechanical engineer Noc 2132. How many points do you guys and girls think I might get?

And I also saw foreign engineering degree gives 6 points, will I even get that?

shaggycoc

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nykro said:
Petroleum engineering bachelors but 18 month experience as a mechanical engineer Noc 2132. How many points do you guys and girls think I might get?

And I also saw foreign engineering degree gives 6 points, will I even get that?
Dear Dude:

you asked 1 day ago, advice 1: be calmn with procces immigration believe you will need it
2. Petroleum Engineering is not consider as proffetion in Quebec you will get 0 points in AOT and 18 months gets you between 4 and 6 points as NOC

Advice 3. If you do not know french forget Quebec and try another province

Kevin.18

Feb 28, 2017
Hi Nykro, I have no idea about yr question but wish you have the point you want. May I lend your post to ask other members about my Area of Training. Thanks.

I majored in Navigation falcuty in a Marine University, but I have over 5 years working as a surveyor in vessel, construction facility and transportation as well.

My question is that:

- Can I apply my Area of Training as Civil construction and transportation engineer instead of Navigation?

- Do I need reference letters to explain why I apply that area of training?

Thanks Nykro again and thanks a lot for answers. Have a good day.

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
shaggycoc said:
Dear Dude:

you asked 1 day ago, advice 1: be calmn with procces immigration believe you will need it
2. Petroleum Engineering is not consider as proffetion in Quebec you will get 0 points in AOT and 18 months gets you between 4 and 6 points as NOC

Advice 3. If you do not know french forget Quebec and try another province
Actually you're wrong. I called quebec immigration and they have Engineering (bach) 6 points for foreign degree. The lady said it is given to anyone with a bachelors degree in engineering if their specialization is not in the list. So i mentioned, petroleum engineering and she said yeah that counts.

shaggycoc

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nykro said:
Actually you're wrong. I called quebec immigration and they have Engineering (bach) 6 points for foreign degree. The lady said it is given to anyone with a bachelors degree in engineering if their specialization is not in the list. So i mentioned, petroleum engineering and she said yeah that counts.
Yes genius because you have points for your diploma (niveau d'escolarité) not for your AOT (domaine de formation); look at these and do a self evaluation:

General score: https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/immigrer-installer/travailleurs-permanents/conditions-requises/index.html

Table of points: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Grille-synthese.pdf

Points per carreer: https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/immigrer-installer/travailleurs-permanents/conditions-requises/domaines-formation.html

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
shaggycoc said:
Yes genius because you have points for your diploma (niveau d'escolarité) not for your AOT (domaine de formation); look at these and do a self evaluation:

General score: https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/immigrer-installer/travailleurs-permanents/conditions-requises/index.html

Table of points: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Grille-synthese.pdf

Points per carreer: https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/immigrer-installer/travailleurs-permanents/conditions-requises/domaines-formation.html
I will get points for education level and AOT, I called twice and asked the same question to 2 different people to make sure. Look at the AOT list section C, in foreign degrees you can find just "Engineering (bach)" and it gives 6 points. When I called they said they give 6 points to all other engineering specializations that are not mentioned in the list.

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Shaggycoc, people like you shouldn't be giving advice since I just called them now for a THIRD time and asked... The guy said "Engineering (Bach)" in section C contains all engineering degrees.

shaggycoc

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nykro said:
Shaggycoc, people like you shouldn't be giving advice since I just called them now for a THIRD time and asked... The guy said "Engineering (Bach)" in section C contains all engineering degrees.
Dear dude

MIDI evaluate your diploma according to subjects in Quebec not only with its name perhaps you have common core in engineering but as i said Petroleum engineering does not exist at Quebec so is not an engineering for them.

I have a master in hydrocarbures and my comparative evaluation showed me "it does not exist" same with my friend who payed one to petroleum engineering showed common core does not exist.

i invite you to do comparative evaluation is the way as MIDI evaluate unless do whatever i just tried to advice read better and be sure before to lose money

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
shaggycoc said:
Dear dude

MIDI evaluate your diploma according to subjects in Quebec not only with its name perhaps you have common core in engineering but as i said Petroleum engineering does not exist at Quebec so is not an engineering for them.

I have a master in hydrocarbures and my comparative evaluation showed me "it does not exist" same with my friend who payed one to petroleum engineering showed common core does not exist.

i invite you to do comparative evaluation is the way as MIDI evaluate unless do whatever i just tried to advice read better and be sure before to lose money
I called MIDI and asked specifically for petroleum engineering and they said yes it gets 6 points! I seriously don't know where you get your information from. And I already applied for CSQ and I'm waiting for the preliminary review.

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
OK then explain to me why is there "Engineering (Bach)" in section C in the list of AOT?? What does it mean and what does it represent exactly?