+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are you still a Canadian Citizen when you are married to a non-canadian?

hbrereton

Mar 7, 2007
I feel my rights as a CANADIAN CITIZEN has been understated and abused.

I feel that Immigration Canada has become like a business more so then a humanitarian patriot to the world. Immigration Canada no longer sees the people in the story, just the benfits the story has for their own publicity. If they can't sustain a dramatic image of a heart-warming responsible governemnt who chooses for its people, then they are just the same as any other corrupt government trying to fool the world in greys black and white stories.

I have been married with a wonderful man from Ukraine for 4 years, and been in love for 7 years. Quality relationships are hard to find and real love is a rare diamond. I can't begin to explain the pain I feel everyday, everyday, I wake up and feel dead. Sometimes it's all I think about. But Immigration Canada doesn't see the people, they don't see us. They see numbers and papers and too much filing. What happened to the great Canadian Human Rights? Is being married to a non-Canadian Citizen suddenly relinqueshes your rights as a Canadian citizen? I am Canadian, so what does that mean today?