+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are you only able to use NEW PORTAL?

Travelstamps

Jun 24, 2022
I have used the GC key and rejected for a toursit visa before. Since then, I have opened a bank account, been putting savings in it (Before I had cash and it was actually my dad who was going to pay for trip so we never submit my information for financials) and since then I have traveled to many countrys (before was rejected for not traveling)

I opened up the GC key and it seems like you can only use NEW PORTAL to apply????
One IRCC website when you search GC key says
"
Check if this is the right account for you
You can apply for these applications " work permit , express entry etc (do not see tourist visa)

When I sign into my GC key and proceed it says in small writing "Versions of application forms for study permits dated November 2023 (11-2023), work permits dated November 2013 (11-2013), or later, and applications for temporary resident visas dated March 2014 (03-2014), or later, can only be uploaded to the IRCC Portal. "

When I download the forms, the version of these form is 2023, so thats clearly newer than 2014. So I guess this means the only option for tourist visa now is new portal?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have used the GC key and rejected for a toursit visa before. Since then, I have opened a bank account, been putting savings in it (Before I had cash and it was actually my dad who was going to pay for trip so we never submit my information for financials) and since then I have traveled to many countrys (before was rejected for not traveling)

I opened up the GC key and it seems like you can only use NEW PORTAL to apply????
One IRCC website when you search GC key says
"
Check if this is the right account for you
You can apply for these applications " work permit , express entry etc (do not see tourist visa)

When I sign into my GC key and proceed it says in small writing "Versions of application forms for study permits dated November 2023 (11-2023), work permits dated November 2013 (11-2013), or later, and applications for temporary resident visas dated March 2014 (03-2014), or later, can only be uploaded to the IRCC Portal. "

When I download the forms, the version of these form is 2023, so thats clearly newer than 2014. So I guess this means the only option for tourist visa now is new portal?
Use the new portal. Assume countries you visited are the UK, US, NZ or AUS because those are the countries IRCC refers to. How long is your visit and how much in funds do you have?