+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are you happy as an immigrant in Canada?

simsi

Jan 7, 2012
How you feel?
I hope you are having a decent job , a desired life you imagined back home before arriving here.

But was it worth it?

It seems, most people trying to become immigrants are hardworking and determined people.It is difficult and almost impossible for lazy people to become immigrants.
Most valuable workers with goals in their heads are leaving their country to achieve something else.
But CAN we really? It may bring much more material convenience,comfort , but how about love, care, little moments with your loved ones?

Why to leave the HOME country ,parents,relatives,friends , people with whom you share something common as language,culture and etc.With whom you celebrate every precious moment of your life. Why live far far away from them , when they are the ones who add happiness to your life , when they are the ones who support you and care about you.

Here, it will take time to become one member of this society and it is a challenge/ at least for me./1 of 4canadians are in depression.Mostly, immigrants.I think.

Why to just quit the jobs? The positions you held as doctors,lawyers,teachers and etc. are dreams here.You have to go through various kind of trainings and evaluations before actually getting that position back.It will take years , or wanting become a doctor , you will end up working as nurse.
Also, you will have to serve french fries or sushi , to clean hotel rooms or package boxes for couple of years. Aren't you overqualified for these jobs?

Of course, it is difficult to choose.
What about our kids?Will they feel the homesick as we are when they are grown.No way! Will they be happy? We don't know.We can't ask them to have the life we imagine in our heads. They will lead their own way.

How about our own nation? Losing lots of valuable workers and population outside.

Ok, anyway,

I am not happy with my situation.I am trying to do some research on US too.

It might be best for me to go back home!hehe.

Please think again ,before applying for permanent residency.

icesfluffy

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
burlington,toronto, sauga, ontairo
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 23, 2011
AOR Received.
nov 10, 2011
File Transfer...
NOV,10,2011
Med's Done....
JULY,20,2011
im not in ur situation but i understand people from across the world have this notion that canada and the usa are the most amazing place to be and im not sayin that they are not but like the sayin goes is "the grass is not always greener on the other side" this is one thing i worry about with my husband that i am sponsering is if he will be happy enough to stay cuz i understand what it feels like to leave ur friends and family behind and i my self dont think i could do it so i hope what every u choose that it works out for u and at the end of it ur happy

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This topic has been discussed over and over and over and over and over again, please such the forum and u will get your answers!!!!!!!! Cheers :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

simsi

Jan 7, 2012
BAck home, I don't think I will have to start from zero, even so, there won't be any lack of motivation. Again, both choices are equal.Can't tell now the better one.Maybe no one is able to tell it.

About this topic, I am not looking for an answer for me, I just wanted to share everyone's opinion for people who are thinking of coming.
Of course, it is better, to DO it and regret it ,then not to do and regret.

Thank you for your considerations!

terry2011

Dec 21, 2011
Hi Simsi
thanks for sharing your feelings because i understand you, I still on the process for PR and still making myself those questions, so do not worry about that this have been said over, over or over again, because I am sure that others coming behind us will have the same feelings and at least will feel some comfort that they are not the only ones, I hope you find your happiness, good luck and God bless you.

mhiles

Sep 10, 2011
i have no regrets. I am very happy here in Ontario. Hubby has a well paying job. He's been with the company for 15 years already. My 2 kids are doing well in school. House will be paid in a few years time. My point is when I went here to Canada and left my work in an International Airline, I knew what was coming. I am a home maker and life is good.. ;)

Apr 11, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regrets are the feelings of the weak and the unprepared. When we arrived in Canada everything was worth it, for myself and for the children. Every risk that we have been through were calculated risk. Being lonely is only present if you dont have Majic Jack Pro or an Ipad with Facetime. If you have these gadgets it seems that you never left home. On the finances side, being prepared is the key. Years before we migrated here, we save a lot of US dollars and UK pounds and sold all our belongings back home. We upgrade ourselves, we temporarily work odd jobs no matter what no matter where, we did not feel ostracized because we speak and understand the language, we even studied French so that we could understand the other language. Depression can only set it if you are lazy and you rely on the government for dole outs and welfare. You will be lost in this new frontier if you did not prepare. So the summary of my 2 cents is this, PLAN , ADOPT and OVERCOME. Cheers

morismemo

Jan 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Thanks for sharing your feelings with us and i'm appreciate your spirit no go back to home but before it, take another chance and start from the zero. 8)

harry12

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 nov 2009
Doc's Request.
20 jan 2010
File Transfer...
10 may 2010
Med's Request
28 sep 2010
Med's Done....
1 oct 2010
Passport Req..
28 sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
15 nov 2010
LANDED..........
7 june 2011
I think it is just a debatable issue.I'm also in grt confusion I got my visa in nov.2010 but I still can't make any decision.

Mhut

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23/02/2006
Med's Request
06/04/2011
Med's Done....
27/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/07/2011
LANDED..........
23/10/2011
WELL SAID +1:)

Mhut

unitedbritishphilippines said:
Regrets are the feelings of the weak and the unprepared. When we arrived in Canada everything was worth it, for myself and for the children. Every risk that we have been through were calculated risk. Being lonely is only present if you dont have Majic Jack Pro or an Ipad with Facetime. If you have these gadgets it seems that you never left home. On the finances side, being prepared is the key. Years before we migrated here, we save a lot of US dollars and UK pounds and sold all our belongings back home. We upgrade ourselves, we temporarily work odd jobs no matter what no matter where, we did not feel ostracized because we speak and understand the language, we even studied French so that we could understand the other language. Depression can only set it if you are lazy and you rely on the government for dole outs and welfare. You will be lost in this new frontier if you did not prepare. So the summary of my 2 cents is this, PLAN , ADOPT and OVERCOME. Cheers

cheerup

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simsi, you have feelings and thoughts that most of the immigrant have no matter what part of the world we come from. I think it is about how you feel deep inside... emosions, family, culture, friends etc can never be replaced with Ipod, majic jack etc or having a great job. This is a compromise, we should be prepared to make it before a change like this hit us. Strong will to accomodate healthy change in life should always be there.