+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

are you allowed to travel to Canada now with Work permit and study permit?

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
I have applied for a work permit with LMIA approved job offer from india and expecting a reply in next few weeks. During these covid times, is canada letting people in with work permit? i Understand there is a 14 days quarantine requirement, which we are happy to fulfil but is everything else ok?

Plus, if all goes well my wife will have an open work permit and child will have a study permit (under 5 year age). Would they also be allowed with same conditions?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have applied for a work permit with LMIA approved job offer from india and expecting a reply in next few weeks. During these covid times, is canada letting people in with work permit? i Understand there is a 14 days quarantine requirement, which we are happy to fulfil but is everything else ok?

Plus, if all goes well my wife will have an open work permit and child will have a study permit (under 5 year age). Would they also be allowed with same conditions?
You would be allowed to travel under the current restrictions.

The answer is not as clear for your wife and child since their reasons for travelling may be deemed "non-essential". We've seen some people in your wife's situation successfully board flights to Canada. Others have been refused unless they already have a firm job in Canada.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
You would be allowed to travel under the current restrictions.

The answer is not as clear for your wife and child since their reasons for travelling may be deemed "non-essential". We've seen some people in your wife's situation successfully board flights to Canada. Others have been refused unless they already have a firm job in Canada.
ok, at least the good news is they will know before boarding the flight rather than after landing.

Thanks for response

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017

Sorry just out of interest with regards to your post, your child under 5 years old for study permit? Which province you are going? I have same case my son is 5 yrs old and Consulate instructs to submit a Visitor Visa application for children under the age of 6, and a Study Permit application for those 6 years or older. He will be issued a Visitor Record at the port of entry, and will be able to transition into attending school on this document.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry just out of interest with regards to your post, your child under 5 years old for study permit? Which province you are going? I have same case my son is 5 yrs old and Consulate instructs to submit a Visitor Visa application for children under the age of 6, and a Study Permit application for those 6 years or older. He will be issued a Visitor Record at the port of entry, and will be able to transition into attending school on this document.
You actually don’t need a study permit if attending high school or elementary school A TRV should be fine.

Reactions: danilorniepes

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
my bad, maybe it is TRV... The question still stands, are they allowed? Considering there travel might not be considered essential.