+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are you allowed gaps in your Work History section when submitting PR application

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Are you allowed gaps in Employment history section of the online application for PR through FSW, Express Entry?
I know in the Personal History section, we cannot leave any gaps in time, and have to account for everything in the past 10 years.
But is it okay to have gaps in our Work History section? (i've left out a short bit of my employment because I cant get a reference letter since the company I worked with no longer exists). The only thing I have for that is an email from the company that bought it over saying they don't hold records for these ex-employees. But apart from that, I don't have anything else to show for this time.
Should I just leave it out completely or just put it in, and show the email as proof - but with that I don't have any information like salary/ hours worked etc, as I've not kept any tax letters or payslips. I was going to leave it out, but then read in some forums that there shouldn't be any gaps. But looking on MyCIC, it doesn't state in the Work History section that there shouldn't be any gaps.
Any advice would be appreciated.

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
miss_mp said:
Are you allowed gaps in Employment history section of the online application for PR through FSW, Express Entry?
I know in the Personal History section, we cannot leave any gaps in time, and have to account for everything in the past 10 years.
But is it okay to have gaps in our Work History section? (i've left out a short bit of my employment because I cant get a reference letter since the company I worked with no longer exists). The only thing I have for that is an email from the company that bought it over saying they don't hold records for these ex-employees. But apart from that, I don't have anything else to show for this time.
Should I just leave it out completely or just put it in, and show the email as proof - but with that I don't have any information like salary/ hours worked etc, as I've not kept any tax letters or payslips. I was going to leave it out, but then read in some forums that there shouldn't be any gaps. But looking on MyCIC, it doesn't state in the Work History section that there shouldn't be any gaps.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Yes. However, you must include the work details under personal history section.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
all employment needs to be disclosed in personal history - only relevant in EOI.

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Thanks for this. And it's only just the past 10 years they want all covered and accounted for?

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
miss_mp said:
Thanks for this. And it's only just the past 10 years they want all covered and accounted for?
Yes, you need to provide details for the last ten years only.

You can have as many gaps in your work history as you want but in your personal history, where you list work, studies and unemployment, travel, etc, thats where you cannot have any gaps.

So if you have a gap in your work history it must be filled in the personal history with something else like unemployment, studies or whatever else applies during that time in your life.

Hope that helps.

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Thanks for clarifying that, that helps, Andre_Smoi. Learning about this whole process as I go along. Thanks guys!